Camps, classes, seminars
• NEW IMMIGRANT LITERACY PROGRAM PARENT WORKSHOP: Saturday, March 20; 10:30 a.m.-12:15 p.m. Saturday, IPFW, Neff Hall, Room 333, 2101 Coliseum Blvd. E. Free.
• BASIC ENGLISH FOR BURMESE REFUGEES: Enrollment days: Thursday, March 23, March 25, March 30 and April 1, League for the Blind and Disabled, 5821 S. Anthony Blvd.
• DOG FIRST AID CLASSES: Noon-4 p.m. March 27, Animal Care & Control, 3020 Hillegas Road. $55. 427-5508.
• SPRING DAY CAMP: For ages 6-12, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. April 5-9. Fox Island County Park, 7324 Yohne Road. $100 each camper. www.allencountyparks.org by March 26. Counselors in training, ages 13 and older, may volunteer their time.
• SPRING BREAK PAINTING CAMP: For ages 8-14, noon-4:30 p.m. April 5-8, Psi Ote Upper Pavilion, Bob Arnold Park. $69. Registration: 427-6020 by March 29.
• FOOD FOR THE FORT WORKSHOP: 6-8 p.m. March 25, Allen County Public Library, Meeting Room A, 900 Library Plaza. Workshop covers introduction to vegetable gardens, city requirements and instructions on how to build raised beds. Free admission.
• GETTING STARTED IN FAMILY HISTORY & GENEALOGY RESEARCH WORKSHOP: Allen County Genealogical Society, 9 a.m.-noon April 3, Allen County Public Library. Marge Graham will discuss how to gather and organize your information for best results, and how to use proven basic research methods. Participants will tour the Genealogy Center and learn about available resources. $10. Preregistration required: mail check payable to the Allen County Genealogical Society of Indiana, to Margery Graham, 13431 Ernst Road, Roanoke, IN 46783. www.acgsi.org/workshop.pdf.
• MENSA ADMISSIONS EXAM: 10 a.m. Saturday, University of Saint Francis, Doermer Building, Room 166, 2701 Spring St. Registration begins at 9:30 a.m. $40. Photo ID required. Must be 14 or older.
• DIVORCE CARE: 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays, through April 28, The Chapel, 2505 W. Hamilton Road S.
• FORT WAYNE ARTISTS GUILD: Meeting, 6:30 p.m. today, Concordia Lutheran High School, 1601 St. Joe River Drive. Carita Hoot will speak.
• GERMAN KINDERCHOR (CHILDREN'S CHOIR): for ages 8-12, 6-7 p.m. Thursdays, Park Edelweiss, 3355 Elmhurst Drive. Free. Call Carol at 459-2225.
• GRIEFSHARE: 6:30 p.m. Thursdays, The Chapel, 2505 W. Hamilton Road S.
• AAUW: Creative Stitchery & Crafts, Afternoon Lit, 1 p.m. Thursday; call Donna at 747-4264. Current Lit II, 7 p.m. Monday; call Eleanor at 637-7164. Evening Bridge, 7:30 p.m. March 31; call Ruth at 436-9131. Book Nook, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Fridays-Sundays, Speedway Flea Market, corner of Speedway and Collins drives.
• AARP CHAPTER 187: 1 p.m. Friday, Community Center, 233 W. Main St.
• SINGLES AND SINGLES AGAIN: Euchre and socializing, 5:30 p.m. every Friday, St. Matthew's Lutheran Church, 2305 Goshen Road. Must be 21. Call Bonnie at 489-9488 for more information.
• KOREAN WAR VETERANS ASSOCIATION, INDIANA CHAPTER ONE: Memorial bricks are available to purchase to honor any veteran who served in any war; call Ron at 493-7569. Bricks will be placed on the memorial walkway at the Veterans Memorial Shrine. The chapter is seeking members; anyone who served Sept. 3, 1945, to present as a Korean War veteran or a Korean service veteran is eligible; call Garry at 638-4919 or Mary Anna at 485-7627.
• THANK GOD IT'S MONDAY TOASTMASTERS CLUB: Noon-1 p.m. every Monday, First Presbyterian Church, 300 W. Wayne St. 413-1315.
• BOB LEIMAN TOASTMASTERS CLUB: 6 p.m. Monday, Pizza Hut, Northcrest Shopping Center, 701 Coliseum Blvd. E. 422-8572.
• SWEET ADELINES TOWNS OF HARMONY CHORUS: Women singers may join the chorus, 6:30-9 p.m. Mondays, 5120 Speedway Drive. Call 436-7104 or visit www.townsofharmony.org.
• FENCING CLUB: Adult intro, 6-7:15 p.m. Tuesday, St. Henry Community Center and Catholic Church; kids beginner (ages 8-12), 5:30-6:30 p.m. March 24, Franke Park; high school/college intro, 6-7:15 p.m. March 25, St. Henry Community Center and Catholic Church. www.summitcityfencing.org.
• FORT WAYNE/SMOKY MONTGOMERY TOASTMASTERS CLUB 159: Observing 70th anniversary, 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Lutheran Hospital, Lower Level, Special Function Meeting Room 2.
• SUMMIT CITY SINGERS: Rehearsal, 7-8:30 p.m. Tuesdays, through early June, Shawnee Middle School, 1000 E. Cook Road. No auditions; must be able to match pitch. Judy King: 413-5338 or 413-5883.
• DEMOCRATIC LUNCHEON CLUB: 11:30 a.m. fourth Wednesday of each month, American Legion Post 82, 3501 Harris Road. 422-8572.
• PROJECT MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE — NEIC: 5:30-8 p.m. March 24, Guesthouse. Jane Schlegel will present “Should Nots of Project Management.” $25 dinner and speaker nonmembers, $15 dinner and speaker members, $5 speaker only nonmembers, free speaker only members. Reservations: www.pmi-neic.org.
• BOWL FOR KIDS' SAKE: 6-8 p.m. Thursday; 9 a.m.-noon, noon-3 p.m., 3-6 p.m. Sunday, Thunder Bowl, 6700 U.S. 27 S. Benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters. Register a team: 456-1600.
• FISH FRY: 4:30-7:30 p.m. Friday, Saint Aloysius Catholic School, 14607 Bluffton Road. $8.50 adults, $4.50 ages 6-12, free ages 5 and under, $8 carryout.
• FISH AND TENDERLOIN SUPPER: 5-7:30 p.m. Friday, South West Conservation Club, 5703 Bluffton Road.
• PANCAKE AND SAUSAGE BREAKFAST AND BAKE SALE: 6:30-11 a.m. Saturday, Fraternal Order of Police Lodge, 2125 Olladale Drive. $5 adults, $3 ages 3-12.
• CHILDREN'S CLOTHING RESALE: Northeast Indiana Mother of Twins and More, 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday, Messiah Lutheran Church, 7211 Stellhorn Road.
• STRIKE OUT CROHN'S & COLITIS BOWL-A-THON: 3 p.m. Saturday, Crazy Pinz, 1414 Northland Blvd.
• ALUMNI BENEFIT BASKETBALL GAME: Saturday, North Side High School, 475 E. State Blvd. Women play at 5 p.m.; men play at 7 p.m. Benefits fund for Jeron Lewis' son.
• GALA FUNDRAISER: 5:30 p.m. Saturday, Fort Wayne Marriott. $175 a person. Benefits Community Harvest Food Bank. Reservations: Rebecca at 447-3696 or email@example.com.
• FISH AND TENDERLOIN DINNER: 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Sunday, Wyneken Memorial Lutheran School, 11565 N. U.S. 27, Decatur. $8 adults, $4.50 ages 6-12, free ages 5 and under.
• DINNER AND A KOMET: The Embassy Theatre has canceled this fundraiser scheduled for 6-8 p.m. Monday at the theater, 121 W. Jefferson Blvd. Refunds are available at the Ticketmaster outlets where tickets were purchased.
• SPRING RUMMAGE AND BAKE SALE: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. March 26; 8 a.m.-noon March 27, Peace Lutheran Church, 4900 Fairfield Ave.
• FISH FRY: 4:30-7 p.m. March 26, Corunna Volunteer Fire Department, Corunna.
• BENEFIT: For Shelby Gruss' medical bills and renovation expenses, 2 p.m.-midnight March 27, Saint Aloysius Catholic Church, 14623 Bluffton Road, Yoder. Events include silent auction, corn hole contest, games, spaghetti dinner, Bishop Luers show choir and live band. Bracelets cost $5 adults, $2 children.
FOURTH WEEK OF EVERY MONTH:
: 4-7 p.m., Community Resource Center for Refugees, 2826 S. Calhoun St.
Tuesday: 10 a.m.-1 p.m. and 4-7 p.m., Parkview Hospital Children's Specialty Clinic, 1818 Carew St., Suite 120.
Wednesday: 4-7 p.m., Anthony Medical Center, 5717 S. Anthony.
Thursday: 10 a.m.-1 p.m., Anthony Medical Center, 5717 S. Anthony. 4-7 p.m., Emanuel Lutheran Church, 800 Green St., New Haven.
Saturday: 9 a.m.-noon, RediMed, 315 E. Cook Road.
• MICHIGAN: March 27, fabric stores. $56 members, $60 nonmembers. American Sewers Guild Chapter of Fort Wayne: Georgi Schneider at 426-4697 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• CHICAGO: April 16, Chicago International Quilt Festival. $60. Appleseed Quilters Guild: Marla Knepper at mknepper@fourthwave llc.net or 426-4333 or 715-2519.
• CHICAGO: April 17, Chicago International Quilt Festival. $25 covers transportation only. Whitley County Country Quilters: Kathy Beauchot at kjbeauchot@embarq mail.com.
• SPRINGBORO, OHIO: April 22, “Phantom” at LaComedia Dinner Theatre. MidWest America Federal Credit Union: 482-3334, Ext. 5211.
• ITALY AND GREECE: May 3-14. School of Creative Arts of the University of Saint Francis: 399-7700, Ext. 8001.