• MedBio Virtual Careers Expo-Informational Webinar will be 3-4 p.m. Nov. 3. Presenters will be Jeri Lyskowinski, president/owner MedBio Virtual Career Expo and Brian Lane, vice president Healthcare and Life Sciences 6Connex. The webinar is free, but registration is requested. Register at www.ihif.org/ conference/register/36. For more information, go to www.medbiovirtualcareerexpo.com.
• Lunch & Learn Educational Workshops will be 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Nov. 8. Topic will be “Unprecedented Times, Historic Opportunity,” and 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Nov. 9. Topic will be “A New Perspective on Non-Traded REITs.” The workshops are hosted by Reimbold & Anderson and will be held at 5750 Coventry Lane, Suite 100. The workshops are free. For reservations, call Sharon at 432-3235 or e-mail Sharon.email@example.com.
• Indiana Health Industry Forum Networking Program will be 2-7 p.m. Nov. 8 at 2960 N. Meridian St., Indianapolis. Topic will be “Social Media for the Life Sciences.” Presenter will be Chris Franck, principal, Deloitte Consulting. A networking reception will follow. Cost: Free for IHIF members and $15 nonmembers. Register at www.ihif.org.
• Huntington University Foundation breakfast will be 7:45 a.m. Nov. 10 in Habecker Dining Commons, Huntington University, 2303 College Ave., Huntington. Speakers will be State Sen. Travis Holdman and State Rep. Dan Leonard. Topic will be what the election results mean for the 2011 General Assembly. Cost is $6. First-time attendees eat free. For more information, call 359-4069 or go to www.huntington.edu/ foundation.
• International Association of Administrative Professionals TAWASI Chapter will meet at 5:30 p.m. Nov. 16 at the University of Saint Francis, Pope John Paul II Center, Room 204, 2701 Spring St. Cost: $13. Topic is “The Allen County Public Library offers more than books and nooks,” presented by Mark Wendt and Lettie Haver. Nonmembers are welcome. For reservations, call Deb Bragg at 399-8006 by Nov. 15.
• Economic Club of Indiana luncheons will be 1:30 p.m. Nov. 28 and Dec. 3 at the Indiana Convention Center, downtown Indianapolis. The November speaker is Linda Wertheimer, senior national correspondent for National Public Radio The December speaker is Robert Zoellick, president of the World Bank. Cost is $27.50 for Econ Club members and $32.50 nonmembers. Tables of 10 are available for members for $275 members and $325 nonmembers. For more information, or to purchase tickets, call 1-317-264-6885 or go to www.economicclubofindiana.com.
• Nanotechnology New Ventures Competition registration will continue online through Dec. 6. The competition is scheduled for March 24. The University of Notre Dame and Purdue University are teaming up with state officials to offer Indiana's first business plan competition targeting startup ventures and emerging companies in nanotechnology. Register at http://nanotechindiana.com.
• National Association of Women Business Owners -Indianapolis seventh annual awards luncheon celebrating women will be Dec. 14 at the Indianapolis Marriott Downtown, 350 W. Maryland St., Indianapolis. The speaker is Deborah Collins Stephens. For more information, go to www.nawboindy.org.
• ExecuTrain, 7337 W. Jefferson Blvd.: Word 2010 Basic and Windows Vista will be Nov. 8. Crystal Reports 2008
VBA and Illustrator CS4 Basic will be Nov. 8 and 9. CompTIA Network+Network Support and Administration will be Nov. 8 through 12. Visio 2007 Advanced and ACT! 2009 Advanced will be Nov. 9. Excel 2007 Intermediate, Word 2010 Intermediate and Word 2007 Basic will be Nov. 10. One Note 2007 and Excel 2003 Basic will be Nov. 11. InDesign CS4 Advanced and Access 2007 Intermediate will be Nov. 11 and 12. PowerPoint 2010 Advanced and Outlook 2007 Intermediate will be Nov. 12. Daytime classes are 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Evening classes are available 6-9 p.m. Costs include all courseware. Corporate pricing available. To register, call 432-9077. For information, visit www.etfortwayne.com
• IPFW Division of Continuing Studies, 2101 Coliseum Blvd. E.: Computer Technology Courses: QuickBooks Advanced will be 1:30-4:30 p.m. Nov. 2-Dec. 7. CEU: 1.5. Cost: $185. Flash CS4 Basic will be 6-9:15 p.m. Nov. 1-15. CEU: 0.9. Cost: 152. Manufacturing Courses: Statistical Process
Control will be 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Nov. 4. Cost: $229. Measurement Systems Analysis: An Automotive Supplier Requirement will be 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Nov. 5. CEU: 0.65. Cost: $229. Sustainability in Practice will be 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Nov. 4. Cost: $395. Personal Interest
Courses: Creating Photographs with Meaning will be 6-8:30 p.m. Nov. 3-Dec. 8. CEU: 1.25. Cost: $169. Investment Vehicles and
Strategies will be 6-9 p.m. Nov. 3. CEU: 0.3. Cost: $53. A Traditional Thanksgiving Dinner will be 2-4:30 p.m. Nov. 6. Cost: $69 and Travel and Learn Information Session: Art and Architecture of Rome, Italy will be 6-6:45 p.m. Nov. 3. The class is free.
For information, visit http://learn.ipfw.edu or to register, call 481-6619.