• National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors Fort Wayne Chapter announces its board for 2010-2011: president: Mike Noonan; Officers are president-elect, Joe Franklin; vice president, Marsha Harris; secretary, Richard Smith; treasurer, Bruce Andrews and national committeeman, Al Cyr. Directors are Kevin Bontrager, Kevin Hitz, Brett Nanna, Melissa Satterthwaite and Andrew Tauzin.
• Parkview Health announces that Mike Browning has been hired as chief financial officer. He has more than 20 years of experience in health care financial accounting and strategy, planning, forecasting, budgeting, reimbursement, auditing and revenue cycle. He earned a bachelor's degree from Kentucky Wesleyan College and a master's in business administration from the University of Louisville.
• League for the Blind & Disabled announces that Anne Palmer has received the 2010 Frank Celarek Sight Service award for her exemplary volunteer service to the sight-impaired community. The league received an extra $500 from the Central Lions Charities in Palmer's name.
In addition, she is a new board member for 2011.
• American Red Cross announces that Brian Hamil, national chair for American Red Cross Biomedical Services, has received the American Red Cross Presidential Award for Excellence.
• Embassy Theatre Foundation announces it honored these volunteers at its annual meeting: Volunteer of the Year: Louise Nahrwold and Bill Derbyshire; Dale R. McNeal Award: David and Kathy James.
The following were elected to the board for 2010-2011: open term: Chris Gomes, Kroger; three-year term: Robyn Fisher, community volunteer; Bruce Haines, WFWA, PBS 39; Paula Hughes, County Council; Sister Elise Kriss, University of Saint Francis; Douglas Nelson, Wells Fargo Insurance Services of Indiana; Thomas Shaurette, Raytheon; and Mary Ann Ziembo, PNC Bank. One-year term: Ozzie Mitson, city of Fort Wayne. Officers: president: Jill Perillo, Indiana Michigan Power, vice president: Marla Peters, American Specialty Insurance; treasurer: Barbara Williams, Donaldson Williams, LLP; and secretary: Scott Federoff, Federoff Law Firm. Board members: Tom Barfell, Do It Best Corp.; Carolyn Brody, Robyn Fisher, Jerry Giesler, Indiana's NewsCenter; Gilmore Haynie Jr., Hawk Haynie Kammeyer & Chickedantz; Jim Kratzat, MSKTD & Associates; Jeff Potter, Fort Wayne Mad Ants; Marla Peters, American Specialty Insurance and Tom Skiba, Haines, Isenbarger & Skiba and Keith Wesner. Intern: Deborah Woodroof, Wells Fargo Bank.
• BND Commercial announces that David W. Nugent, CCIM, SIOR, as been elected president of the Indiana Commercial Board of Realtors.
• Indiana Jump$tart Coalition announces that Margaret Griffin, fifth-grade teacher at Lincoln Elementary School, Huntington, was awarded the 2010 Financial Literacy Educator Award. The award was presented at the Money Smart Week Kickoff Breakfast held in Indianapolis.
• Fort Wayne Chamber of Commerce announces these winners of annual awards: CEO of the Year: Mark Carboni, president and CEO of Tri-State Maintenance; Employee of the Year: Ronald Turpin, vice president of finance with Lincoln Financial Group; Nina Grill Volunteer of the Year Award: Dave Kaverman of Anthony Wayne Business Exchange and Honorary Attendee Award: Tony Cardydell.
• Reimbold & Anderson announces that Kathleen L. Miner has been hired as financial planning assistant.
• Ivy Tech Community College-Northeast announces that Chris Garrett has been appointed DOL Grant Coordinator/Project Consultant for Workforce and Economic Development. She earned a bachelor's degree in sociology from Huntington College and a master of public affairs from Indiana University-Fort Wayne.
• Apartment Association of Fort Wayne-NE Indiana announces that Kelly Durkes, Windsor Oaks, Rachel Foos, Brandy Chase, Aurelius Graves, New Generation Management and Scott Taylor, IGC Management and Brandy Chase, have been nominated for the Indiana Apartment Association Awards of Excellence.
• Dupont Hospital announces that Chad Towner has been named CEO. He formerly held the COO position at Lutheran Health Network sister facility St. Joseph Hospital.
• Parkview Hospital announces that Michelle Ditton has been recognized for her commitment to helping sexual assault victims. She is a forensic nurse examiner for the local Sexual Assault Treatment Center and a founding member of the center.
• Women in Insurance & Financial Services announces that Sheila Roelser McCampbell has been named to the Women in Insurance & Financial Services Leaders Recognition Society. She is associated with Northwestern Mutual-Indiana. She earned a bachelor of arts in finance from the University of Notre Dame.
• The Moore Agency was recently opened by Ronald W. Moore, Jr. It will be an independent insurance agency.
• Century 21 Bradley announces that Ed McCutcheon has been named a Top Individual Producer for October 2010.
• Planned Giving Council of Northeast Indiana announces its 2011 board and officers: president, Elisa Smith, CPA, The Romine Group; treasurer, Thomas Fink, J.D. Barrett & McNagny; secretary: Susan Berghoff, CPA, Dulin, Ward & DeWald; Joe Byers, CTFA, Grabill Bank; Al Fry, CLU, CFP, Dianne Ma
y, Cancer Services of Northeast Indiana; Alan Rupp, CFP, Christian Service Foundation; Melissa Shumaker, Jackson Brokerage; Jay Thayer, IPFW and Beth Regedanz, Community Foundation of Greater Fort Wayne.
In addition, the Council would like to recognize Zis Milentis for his many years of service as board president.
• Huntington County Visitor and Convention Bureau board announces that Tina Bobilya has been selected as executive director. She earned a bachelor's degree in telecommunications with a business minor from Indiana University Bloomington.