In perusing tonight's programming, I have to chuckle when I see “Die Hard” is on the schedule. No, it's not that I think Bruce Willis is all that funny, but my husband's birthday gift to me one year sure was.
I'll never forget opening my present to find the “Die Hard” trilogy on DVD. At that time, if anything came out on DVD, my husband bought it and found some excuse to give it as a present.
I remember looking at it and looking at him. “'Die Hard' trilogy,” I remember saying. He said, “You love Bruce Willis,” to which I replied, “He's OK.” It was a very awkward moment at the time, but now I look on it with fondness.
“Die Hard” (that's the first movie in the trilogy) airs at 8 p.m. on CMT for Willis and “Die Hard” fans.
Here's a little quiz on Willis.
1. Name the TV series that catapulted Willis to stardom.
2. He didn't appear this in this hit movie, but you hear his voice. What was the name of this 1989 film?
3. He guest-starred as Paul Stevens for a few episodes of what TV comedy series?
4. What was his character's name in “Die Hard”?
5. What was his character's profession in “The Sixth Sense”?
6. What's Willis' nickname?
Answers: 1. “Moonlighting.” 2. “Look Who's Talking.” 3. “Friends.” 4. John McClane. 5. Child psychologist. 6. Bruno.