There is one “reality” show I watch on a regular basis, “Gene Simmons Family Jewels,” on A&E.
While I was never much of a KISS fan, I really have enjoyed learning about Simmons' life, from humble beginnings (his father deserted his mother and him) to famous rock star.
Now that he has overcome his marriage phobia, his wife, Shannon, now wants to adopt a child. How will this turn out? Tune in at 8 and 8:30 p.m. tonight for repeats of this season, and tune in at 9 and 9:30 p.m. tonight for new episodes, as their daughter is not pleased with this announcement and she runs away, and Gene tries to distract Shannon by taking a belated honeymoon to Africa.
How well do you know Gene Simmons' family?
1. What are his kids' names?
2. Simmons was born in which country?
3. Which concentration camp was his mother imprisoned in during World War II?
4. Name Shannon's sister, who often tags along for their wacky adventures.
5. Besides his fear of marriage, Gene has this phobia.
7. When he took a drink of his namesake wine, Genie in a Bottle, what did he do?
Answers: 1. Nick and Sophie. 2. Israel. 3. Ravensbruck concentration camp. 4. Tracy. 5. Fear of heights (He screamed when firemen put him in the fire truck's bucket and raised him in the air.) 7. He spit it into the kitchen sink because he does not like the taste of alcohol.