“Today we celebrate our Independence Day!”
Well, not yet, but TV cable stations are putting us in the mood with films like “Independence Day,” which airs at 8 p.m. today on AMC.
The quote above is passionately spoken by the president of the United States (Bill Pullman) when rallying the troops to fight alien spaceships attacking Earth.
The film had an all-star cast. What do you remember about them?
1. Judd Hirsch starred as Alex Reiger in which 1970s long-running comedy TV series?
2. In 1980, Jeff Goldblum starred with Ben Vereen in this TV series.
3. This actress portrayed Stands With a Fist in which 1990 film?
4. Name the actress who subsequently starred as Dr. Lillian Price on “City of Angels.”
5. Before “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air,” Will Smith guest-starred as Fresh Prince in a 1991 TV series. Can you name it?
6. Which actor starred as Geena Davis' husband in the film “A League of Their Own?”
7. In the film “Big,” this actor played the piano with his feet — and Tom Hanks. Who is he?
8. Before “Star Trek: The Next Generation,” Brent Spiner guest-starred as Bob Wheeler in a recurring role on which 1980s NBC TV series?
Answers: 1. “Taxi.” 2. “Tenspeed and Brown Shoe.” 3. Mary McDonnell. 4. Vivica A. Fox. 5. “Blossom.” 6. Bill Pullman. 7. Robert Loggia. 8. “Night Court.”