Costner concert moves to fairgrounds
Due to ticket demand, the concert at 8 p.m. July 15 by Kevin Costner & Modern West has been moved to the Allen County Fairgrounds, 2726 Carroll Road. It originally was scheduled for Neon Armadillo, 6040 Lima Road.
In honor of the movie star's music appearance, News-Sentinel staff member Sheryl Krieg put together this Costner quiz:
1. Costner's latest yet-to-be released film features which superhero?
2. Moviegoers saw only his hairline, arm and leg in which film?
3. How many times has Costner been nominated for a Razzie Award for Worst Actor?
4. Can you name Costner's company that recently was embroiled in a lawsuit?
5. Who encouraged Costner to perform musically?
6. Who convinced Costner to enter show business?
7. Who is Modern West's drummer?
8. Costner is one of six actors in show business to share what honor?
9. Because he was unable to meet film demands of two movies, which role did Costner ask Harrison Ford to take?
10. What was name of the other film Costner decided to complete filming instead?
Answers will be announced in the July 13 edition of The News-Sentinel
Search is on for tackiest living room
HGTV is teaming up with HGTV Magazine to find the tackiest living room in the U.S. The winning room will receive a makeover for free, designed by Meg Caswell, host of the show “Meg's Great Rooms.”
To submit your room, email your contact info (including city of residence), a description of your living room, photos and video of yourself and your space to: livingroomcasting@gmail .com.
We need to talk
Women's reproductive rights and access to contraception have been a source of great debate this election year. Because women are under-represented in elective office, too often their voices have not been heard in these debates. The News-Sentinel would like to change that. We want to give you a voice, no matter what side you're on in the debate over reproductive rights and contraception. If you are interested in being interviewed, please contact Cindy Larson by phone at 461-8284 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday.