Many baseball films have been produced throughout the year, and here's a quiz to test your memory of them.
1. “Eight Men Out” focused on players from which baseball team?
2. Dennis Quaid starred in which film, based on the true life story of Jim Morris?
3. This 1942 film honored Lou Gehrig.
4. Billy Crystal directed “61*.” What is the significance of 61*?
5. This famous actor was little-known at the time this 1973 baseball film was made. He starred as a catcher dying of Hodgkin's. Can you name this film?
6. Who yelled, “There's no crying in baseball.” Can you name the film?
7. Sam Wood directed the 1949 film “The Stratton Story,” a true story of Monty Stratton, a pitcher who loses his leg and makes a comeback. Who played Monty Stratton?
Answers: 1. Chicago White Sox. 2. “The Rookie” (2002). 3. “The Pride of the Yankees.” 4. Roger Maris hit 61 home runs during the 1961 season, breaking Babe Ruth's record of 60 during the 1927 season. The asterisk indicates Maris played more games that season than Ruth did. 5. “Bang the Drum Slowly.” 6. Jimmy Dugan (played by Tom Hanks) in the film “A League of Their Own” (1992). 7. Jimmy Stewart.