Owen, who normally appears in comedies, stars as a navy navigator who is shot down in enemy territory. Hackman stars as his commanding officer who attempts to rescue him. Owen actually trained with Navy personnel to learn survivalist techniques to deliver a realistic performance.
In what other military/war films did these stars appear?
1. Gene Hackman played a nuclear missile sub captain who locks horns with his first officer in which 1995 film?
2. David Keith starred in which 2000 film about a German submarine and Americans who try to capture its cipher machine?
3. Gene Hackman starred in this 1983 film about Vietnam war vets who rescue one of their own taken prisoner by the Vietnamese.
4. Owen Wilson starred in this 1998 war film of sorts. In this one, he was trying to stop a giant asteroid from destroying the world. Can you name this movie?
5. This 1982 military movie made David Keith a star and women swoon for men in white uniforms. Do you remember this film?
Answers: 1. “Crimson Tide.” 2. “U-571.” 3. “Uncommon Valor.” 4. “Armageddon.” 5. “An Officer and a Gentleman.”