Here’s an all-round fun film to view tonight: “Turner & Hooch,” which airs at 8 p.m. on FLIXe. Tom Hanks plays a detective who pairs up with a playful and destructive canine to solve a crime.
Where would we be without our faithful companion? Without a movie in some instances. Do you remember these lovable animals?
1. This stray wandered from a hit television series to the big screen and saved two kidnapped children in the process in which 1974 film?
2. There were two faithful companions in this 1993 film, which paired them with a vain Siamese cat. Bonus points are given if you can remember all three names.
3. This 1962 film capitalized on a popular TV series that also starred a collie. Adult stars included Peter Breck and Carroll O’Connor.
4. This 1995 animated film was based on a true story of a half-wolf, half-husky that saves an Alaskan town from a deadly epidemic of diphtheria.
5. A magic spell changes a boy into a sheepdog in which 1959 film?
6. You’ll need a Kleenex for this one about a boy (Tommy Kirk) who befriends a dog in which 1957 classic?
7. In this 2000 film, a dog helps a shy boy grow up in 1940s Mississippi.
Answers: 1. “Benji.” 2. “Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey.” The names of the dogs were Shadow and Chance. The Siamese cat was named Sassy. 3. “Lad, A Dog.” 4. “Balto.” 5. “The Shaggy Dog.” 6. “Old Yeller.” 7. “My Dog Skip.”