INDIANAPOLIS — The state Department of Natural Resources has announced it is raising costs for annual entrance fees to state parks and reservoirs, as well as rates for camping, swimming, renting cabins and motorized lake permits.
The DNR says daily rate for state parks and reservoirs will remain at $5.
DNR Director Rob Carter says the fee increases are necessary to provide the best facilities possible.
– Annual entrance permits will increase from $36 to $40 for Indiana residents.
– Camping rates will increase by $1 to $4 depending on the facility.
– Swimming pool fees will increase from $2 a person a day to $3.
– Cabin rates will increase by $5 a day in some locations.
– The annual motorized lake permit will increase from $20 to $22.