- IPFW volleyball 'gives up' in home loss to Loyola
- Video: IPFW volleyball loses to Loyola highlights
- Video projections: Could IPFW and Ball State meet in MIVA quarterfinals
- Former IPFW, Saint Francis volleyball coach lands new head coach position
- Video: IPFW volleyball beats Limestone highlights
The IPFW women's volleyball team punched its ticket to the NCAA Tournament with an emphatic sweep.
IPFW never trailed and held IUPUI to a negative attack percentage throughout a majority of the match as the Mastodons swept the Jaguars 25-15, 25-12, 25-20 in the Summit League Tournament championship match on Saturday in Fargo, N.D.
With this victory, IPFW receives the conference's lone automatic bid to the 64-team NCAA Tournament. This is the first time since 2009 that the Mastodons have won the Summit League championship to advance to the NCAA Tournament.
IPFW in the championship match out-hit IUPUI .225 to zero, including holding the Jaguars to a negative attack percentage in the first two games. In addition, IPFW outside attacker Emily Spencer had a match-high 15 kills, while senior middle attacker Jessie Manwaring added 11 kills.
Libero Tessa McGill, the conference's defensive player of the year, led all players with 20 digs. McGill also added a match-high four aces against IUPUI.
For more on this match, check news-sentinel.com later tonight.