I've enjoyed my TV viewing 9-11 p.m. Sunday nights with the airing of four episodes of “WKRP in Cincinnati” on WANE-DT 15.2, Comcast Channel 250.
This delightful series put together the most mismatched group of people you'll ever encounter, yet they played perfectly off each other.
The radio station was run by Mama Carlson's son, Arthur. He'd rather fish and play rockets with his pencils than sit at his desk. He left policy-making to Andy Travis, a program director who hailed from Santa Fe. Other crazy characters include Dr. Johnny Fever, a great disc jockey from a bygone era — the 1960s — and Les Nessman, who is more interested in hog futures than current events.
Here is a quiz on the show, which ran 1978-1982:
1. What was DJ Venus Flytrap's real name?
2. What song did Jennifer Marlowe's doorbell play?
3. In what city did Les Nessman's mother live?
4. While all the other children played baseball, Nessman had to stay inside and do what?
5. What was the name of Mama Carlson's butler?
6. What did Peggy leave outside the radio station for Johnny?
7. What were the names of Herb Tarlek's children?
8. What was so unusual about Nessman's office?
Answers: 1. Gordon Sim. 2. “Fly Me To the Moon.” 3. Dayton. 4. Play the violin. 5. Hirsch. 6. A baby. 7. Herbert Jr. and Bunny. 8. He had masking tape outlining where the walls of his office would be.