• Newsletters
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
Wednesday, September 20, 2017
View complete forecast
News-Sentinel.com Your Town. Your Voice.

Area police briefs

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.The Associated Press
Thursday, December 27, 2012 12:01 am
An interior wood burner is being blamed for a Fremont house fire Wednesday afternoon. The Fremont Fire Department responded to a reported fire in the floor of a residence at 1:53 p.m., according to a news release from Fire Chief Eric Hufnagle.

The first arriving units found heavy smoke coming from the second story of the residence. The blaze had spread from the first floor through the walls and into the second floor and attic area. Crews were able to get the fire under control at 2:28 p.m. It caused $20,000 worth of damage, according to the release.

The fire department received assistance from the Clear Lake Police Department, Steuben County EMS, and the electric utility REMC. The Angola Fire Department was put on standby to cover the Fremont station.


News-Sentinel.com reserves the right to remove any content appearing on its website. Our policy will be to remove postings that constitute profanity, obscenity, libel, spam, invasion of privacy, impersonation of another, or attacks on racial, ethnic or other groups. For more information, see our user rules page.
comments powered by Disqus