If it's New Year's Eve, there's only one show on TV to watch tonight: “New Year's Rockin' Eve Celebrates Dick Clark,” which begins at 8 p.m. on ABC.
Clark started “Rockin' Eve” in 1972, which has since become a tradition in my household. Clark died April 18, but he will be present in the minds of tonight's performers, many of whom Clark discovered.
Jenny McCarthy and Fergie host this tribute. Performers include Neon Trees and Carly Rae Jepsen in New York; while Flo Rida, Justin Bieber, Ellie Goulding and Jason Aldean perform in Los Angeles. Ryan Seacrest will make a special appearance.
We all know Clark produced and hosted music and game shows, but did you know he made guest appearances/acted on many popular TV shows and movies? Here is a short quiz:
1. He played Dr. Alexander on this 1961 TV series.
2. He also guest-starred as a doctor on this TV series that starred Vince Edwards and Sam Jaffe.
3. He more recently appeared as himself on this David Spade comedy.
4. He played a PR agent in this detective series that starred Anne Francis and her pet ocelot.
5. He starred as a financier on which 2001 film?
6. He made a guest appearance on “The Case of the Final Fade-Out” episode of this popular lawyer show.
Answers: 1. “The Young Doctors.” 2. “Ben Casey.” 3. “Just Shoot Me!” 4. “Honey West.” 5. “Spy Kids.” 6. “Perry Mason.”