As my son prepares to enroll in college to pursue a culinary degree, I find my interests have shifted to food-related topics. It is no different as far as TV viewing goes.
ABC features the series premiere of “The Taste” at 8 p.m. today. This two-hour segment is the first of two parts that show the audition process for 29 would-be cooks. Of course, there are only 16 slots available for this cooking competition-style show.
How much do you know about some of the most famous TV cooks and chefs?
1. This chef opened the restaurant Bolo in November 1993.
2. Who is known for her “30-Minute Meals?”
3. Which chef also hosted the NBC prime-time series “Minute to Win It?”
4. This chef started a catering business called The Bag Lady.
5. This cook's memoir is entitled “Made From Scratch.”
6. He is the host of “Chopped” on the Food Network.
7. Which country-music star has her own show on the Food Network?
8. This chef is famous for saying “Bam!”
9. This British chef also holds cooking-competition shows, such as “Hell's Kitchen.”
10. This Austrian chef has launched his own line of food products.
Answers: 1. Bobby Flay. 2. Rachael Ray. 3. Guy Fieri. 4. Paula Deen. 5. Sandra Lee. 6. Ted Allen. 7. Trisha Yearwood (“Trisha's Southern Kitchen”). 8. Emeril Lagasse. 9. Gordon Ramsay. 10. Wolfgang Puck.