A Warsaw man was identified Wednesday as the person who was killed in a fire in Kosciusko County one week ago.
Stephen T. Hall, 65, died of smoke inhalation and thermal burns, according to a news release from the Kosciusko County Sheriff's Department. The release attributed the cause of death as being determined by the county's coroner.
Information previously released indicated Hall's usage of a portable heater to thaw frozen pipes may have caused the fire, which took place Jan. 23. Preliminary findings by county fire investigators indicated that the blaze started in the basement of 2147 Chapman Lake Drive, close to the portable heater, said Gordon Baker, chief investigator with the county Fire Investigation Team, in a statement shortly after the fire happened.