One of my favorite movies based on a Stephen King story, “The Shawshank Redemption,” airs at 8 p.m. today on AMC. The story centers on a wrongly imprisoned inmate (Tim Robbins) and his relationship with a lifer (Morgan Freeman).
How well do you remember the movie and its stars?
1. What was the name of the Stephen King short story on which the movie was based?
2. What did James Whitmore's character write on the wall of his room before he killed himself?
3. Name two actresses who adorned Andy Dufresne's cell wall?
4. Who killed Dufresne's wife?
5. What was Freeman's character's nickname?
6. What special favor did Dufresne do for the prison guards every year?
7. What was the weather when Dufresne escaped from prison?
8. What did Dufresne steal from the warden?
9. How many years did Ellis Redding serve in prison before he was released?
10 Which Hayworth film do the prisoners watch?
11. Who turned down the role of Dufresne?
Answers: 1. “Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption.” 2. “Brooks was here.” 3. Rita Hayworth and Raquel Welch. 4. Elmo Blatch. 5. Red. 6. Dufresne completed the guards' tax returns. 7. Stormy, with a lot of lightning and thunder. 8. His shoes and bank records. 9. 40 years. 9. “Gilda.” 10. Kevin Costner and Tom Hanks.