1) Inside production: IU again went to forwards Christian Watford and Cody Zeller early and often. Watford scored Indiana's first eight points and finished with 14 along with four rebounds, three steals and two blocks. Zeller had 19 points and nine rebounds. IU had 40 in-the-paint points.
2) Limiting Purdue freshman center A.J. Hammons: Hammons scored 30 points in the first game last month in Mackey Arena. He was scoreless in the first half and finished with six on 3-for-10 shooting.
3) Bench scoring: IU got 32 points off the bench, including a career-high 22 from Will Sheehey. He set a school record by going 9-for-9 from the field.
4) Turnovers: Indiana had just five second-half turnovers and totaling nine in the first half. That helped them shoot 61.5 percent in the second half.
5) Good point guard play: Indiana got 10 assists and four turnovers from Jordan Hulls and Yogi Ferrell. They got the ball where it needed to be and ensured the offense was fast and flowing.