One of Disney's cleverest films airs this week when Woody meets Buzz for the first time in “Toy Story” at 8 p.m. Wednesday on the Disney Channel.
This “classic” came out in 1995, spawning sequels because of its popularity.
In case you've forgotten, Andy receives a Buzz Lightyear toy for his birthday, and Andy's favorite toy, Woody, is beside himself with jealousy. Buzz thinks he's real, and Woody has to convince Buzz he's a toy while trying to get rid of the modern-day space hero.
Tom Hanks is the voice of Woody, while Tim Allen voices Buzz. Other voices include Don Rickles (Mr. Potato Head), Jim Varney (slinky dog), Wallace Shawn (Rex), John Ratzenberger (Hamm) and Annie Potts (Bo Peep).
What do you remember about this film?
1. What was the next-door neighbor kid's name?
2. What was Andy's last name?
3. What was written on the bottom of Woody's boot?
4. What was Buzz's favorite saying?
5. What was the name of the restaurant at which Andy ate?
6. At what point did Buzz realize he was a toy?
7. Who wrote “You've Got a Friend in Me?”
8. The film won an Academy Award for which category?
Answers: 1. Sid. 2. Davis. 3. Andy. 4. “To infinity and beyond.” 5. Pizza Planet. 6. When he saw shelf after shelf of Buzz Lightyear toys in the toy section of the store. 7. Randy Newman. 8. Special Achievement Award.