• Newsletters
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
°
Monday, July 24, 2017
View complete forecast
News-Sentinel.com Your Town. Your Voice.

Trial delayed for 3 Indianapolis house explosion suspects

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.The Associated Press
Wednesday, February 20, 2013 06:05 pm
INDIANAPOLIS — The trial for three people charged in a deadly Indianapolis house explosion will not occur next month as originally scheduled.WTHR-TV reports defense attorneys for Monserrate Shirley, boyfriend Mark Leonard and his brother, Bob Leonard, told a judge Wednesday they need more time to go through the evidence in the case. WTHR says the judge expects to pick a new trial date in mid-April.

Shirley was formally charged with insurance fraud during Wednesday's hearing and Mark Leonard was charged with conspiracy to commit insurance fraud. All three defendants face murder, arson and conspiracy charges in the Nov. 10 blast that killed two people and destroyed dozens of homes.

WRTV-TV reports Shirley filed an insurance claim two days after the explosion, claiming her home had been destroyed in an accidental fire.

Comments

News-Sentinel.com reserves the right to remove any content appearing on its website. Our policy will be to remove postings that constitute profanity, obscenity, libel, spam, invasion of privacy, impersonation of another, or attacks on racial, ethnic or other groups. For more information, see our user rules page.
comments powered by Disqus