The movie's been made seven times already, with “Journey to the Center of the Earth 3” soon on the way.
Here is a short quiz about past movies with the same title.
1. Who starred as Sir Oliver S. Lindenbrook in the 1959 version?
2. Where was this version filmed?
3. Ironically, there was a 2008 TV version in which a woman hires an adverturer to find her missing husband while searching for the center of the earth. Who played the missing husband?
4. The 1999 TV miniseries had which actor in the starring role?
5. This “St. Elsewhere” actress starred in the 1993 version of the famous adventure film.
6. This 2008 video version starred this “B.J. & the Bear” star.
7. In the animated 1967 TV series, which star provided the voice for Prof. Oliver Lindenbrook?
8. This 1989 version features cave explorers in Hawaii who find the lost city of Atlantis. Who plays Nimrod?
9. Who appeared as Alec McKuen in the 1959 version?
Answers: 1. James Mason. 2. Carlsbad Caverns National Park. 3. Peter Fonda. 4. Treat Williams. 5. Kim Miyori. 6. Greg Evigan. 7. Ted Knight. 8. Emo Philips. 9. Pat Boone.