• Newsletters
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
°
Thursday, July 20, 2017
View complete forecast
News-Sentinel.com Your Town. Your Voice.

Cooking grease causes fire in Fort Wayne home

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.The Associated Press
Monday, March 04, 2013 07:57 am
Three people escaped safely before Fort Wayne firefighters arrived to extinguish a kitchen fire Sunday night in the 600 block of West Packard Avenue. A resident reported the fire at 9:52 p.m. caused by a pan of grease heated for cooking, according to a fire department news release.

An adult and two children escaped without injury before the fire department arrived at 9:54 p.m.

The fire was under control at 10:12 p.m. but caused heavy smoke damage.

Comments

News-Sentinel.com reserves the right to remove any content appearing on its website. Our policy will be to remove postings that constitute profanity, obscenity, libel, spam, invasion of privacy, impersonation of another, or attacks on racial, ethnic or other groups. For more information, see our user rules page.
comments powered by Disqus