BETHLEHEM, Pa. — An eastern Pennsylvania teenager whose allergic reaction to body spray prompted officials at his high school to ask students to stop using the fragrance is now being taught at home.
Freedom High School in Bethlehem this week asked students to stop using Axe Body Spray as a cologne or fragrance due to a student's allergic reaction.
On Wednesday, Rosa Silk told WFMZ-TV the student who suffered the reaction was her son, 15-year-old Brandon Silk. The freshman says his throat started closing up after breathing in the smell. In the span of nine days, the family says his throat closed up three times and he had to be rushed to the hospital.
For now, he's being taught at home.
Unilever, which makes Axe, says it is looking into the report.