• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • RSS
Saturday August 29, 2015
View complete forecast
News-Sentinel.com Your Town. Your Voice.
Local Business Search

Four unhurt in aftermath of afternoon fire in Fort Wayne

Monday, March 25, 2013 - 4:51 pm

A fire Monday afternoon reportedly resulted in moderate fire and water damage but no injuries.

Firefighters were dispatched around 1:40 p.m. to a residence at 7327 Linda Drive, according to the Fort Wayne Fire Department. Upon arrival three minutes later, first responders saw heavy smoke coming from the roof and visible flames coming from the back of the attic.

The fire was extinguished and deemed under control by 1:57 p.m., the release said. Four people inside the residence evacuated prior to the arrival of firefighters, and no one was hurt as a result of the incident.

The release said the fire started in the chimney of the fireplace and that the one-story home sustained moderate fire and water damage, as well as minor smoke damage.