Here is a short quiz about some famous disaster movies.
1.This man produced a slew of disaster flicks in the 1970s and 1980s.
2. Paul Newman portrayed an architect trying to put out a fire in which disaster film?
3. In this 1972 film, only a handful of passengers survive when this ocean liner capsizes.
4. Richard Carlson starred in this 1954 classic about a prehistoric beast in the Amazon.
5. Steve McQueen starred in which 1958 horror flick about an alien mass that overtakes a town?
6. When he wasn't battling bad guys in the west, James Arness starred as a creature terrorizing a group of people at a remote arctic outpost in which movie?
Answers: 1. Irwin Allen. 2. “The Towering Inferno.” 3. The Poseidon. 4. “Creature from the Black Lagoon.” 5. “The Blob.” 6. “The Thing from Another World” (1951).