What's a Western without Clint Eastwood? Not much of one, some would say, and tonight provides a real treat for Eastwood fans. “Unforgiven,” the 1992 Oscar winner, airs at 9 p.m. on CMT.
Eastwood stars as a former gunslinger hired to complete one last bounty hunt. The film was nominated for nine Oscars and received four.
Here is a quiz about Eastwood's career.
1. Eastwood received four Academy Awards for what categories/films?
2. He played Rowdy Yates in what TV series (also a Western)?
3. His first credited role was in which Francis the Talking Mule film?
4. He went to Italy and made this film, the first of the “spaghetti Westerns,” which made Eastwood a star.
5. In a departure from previous roles, Eastwood played a disc jockey caught between two women in which movie?
6. Eastwood also stole the hearts of all the girls in a Confederate girls boarding school in which 1971 film?
7. Eastwood left Earth for outer space and took these three actors with him.
8. Whose assassination haunts Eastwood's character in “In the Line of Fire?”
Answers: 1. Best Director and Best Picture (“Unforgiven”) and Best Director and Best Picture (“Million Dollar Baby”). He also received the Irving G. Thalberg Memorial Award. 2. “Rawhide.” 3. “Francis in the Navy.” 4. “A Fistful of Dollars” (1964). 5. “Play Misty for Me” (1971). 6. “The Beguiled.” 7. Tommy Lee Jones, Donald Sutherland and James Garner. 8. President John F. Kennedy.