Summertime is the perfect time to enjoy reruns and classic TV shows. I've enjoyed catching up on “old” episodes of “Everybody Loves Raymond,” which airs at 9 and 9:30 p.m. today on TVLand.
The series, which enjoyed a long run 1996-2005, focused on Raymond Barone, a sportswriter, and his crazy family. Comedian Ray Romano played Raymond.
How much do you remember about this not-really-so-old series?
1. Do you remember the names of Ray's children? (The pilot doesn't count.)
2. What did Marie keep under the sofa cover?
3. Who did Robert eventually marry?
4. How did Raymond and Debra meet?
5. Name Ray's parents?
6. Why did Raymond accompany his mother on her birthday cruise?
7. Who played Debra's parents?
8. What kind of stray dog did Raymond bring home, only to have Robert fall in love with him?
9. What does Ray buy for his father for his 65th birthday?
Answers: 1. Ally, Geoffrey and Michael; in the pilot episode the boys were named Matthew and Gregory after Romano's real-life twin sons. 2. A clear plastic cover. 3. Amy McDougal. 4. Raymond delivered and assembled Debra's newly purchased futon. 5. Frank and Marie. 6. Frank faked an injury so he wouldn't have to go. 7. Robert Culp and Katherine Helmond. 8. A bulldog. 9. A gigantic aquarium.