• Newsletters
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
°
Saturday, July 22, 2017
View complete forecast
News-Sentinel.com Your Town. Your Voice.

Faulty wiring blamed in Fort Wayne house fire

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.The Associated Press
Sunday, October 20, 2013 10:38 am
A fire on South Hanna Street is being blamed on faulty electrical wiring.

Fort Wayne firefighters were called at 7:30 p.m. Saturday to reports of a house on fire in the 2300 block of South Hanna. The first unit arrived within 3 minutes and found fire in the rear of the two-story structure. Crews advanced a hose line into the home and immediately found a dog that was removed to safety. The fire was extinguished and crews searched for any hidden fire in void spaces.

No one was home at the time of the fire. The fire was determined to have been caused by faulty electrical wiring. No injuries were reported.

Comments

News-Sentinel.com reserves the right to remove any content appearing on its website. Our policy will be to remove postings that constitute profanity, obscenity, libel, spam, invasion of privacy, impersonation of another, or attacks on racial, ethnic or other groups. For more information, see our user rules page.
comments powered by Disqus