Halloween week will provide an assortment of scary movies and Halloween-themed classics airing on TV. Why tonight alone, ABC Family airs two of Tim Burton's films: “Tim Burton's Corpse Bride” at 8 p.m. and “Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas” at 10 p.m.
If you enjoy Tim Burton's work, then you will enjoy this short quiz about Burton and his career.
1. In “The Nightmare Before Christmas,” who was the king of Halloweentown?
2. What was Burton's first job?
3. Burton was fond of which horror movie actor?
4. How did Adam and Barbara Maitland “die” in “Beetlejuice?”
5. Burton appeared as a corpse in which 1992 film?
6. Who won the Academy Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role for his part in “Ed Wood?”
7. Who provided the voice of Victor Van Dort in “Corpse Bride?”
8. “James and the Giant Peach” was based on a book written by which author?
9. Why did the Joker wear makeup in the 1989 “Batman?”
10. What does Victor want to bring back to life in “Frankenweenie?”
Answers: 1. Jack Skellington. 2. Burton was an animator for Disney. 3. Vincent Price. 4. They drowned. 5. “Hoffa.” 6. Martin Landau. 7. Johnny Depp. 8. Roald Dahl. 9. He was disfigured after falling into a vat at a chemical factory. 10. His dog Sparky.