PENDLETON — Central Indiana police say a girl suffered burns to her legs and dozens of her classmates were checked for injuries after a school bus' antifreeze line ruptured, spraying hot liquid inside the bus.
The bus carrying up to 70 kindergarten through sixth-grade students was headed to Maple Ridge Elementary School in Pendleton when its antifreeze line failed Friday morning.
Investigators tell WRTV-TV the line was linked to a heat box beneath one of the seats and a girl sitting in that seat suffered minor leg burns when the liquid sprayed. She was taken to a local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
School officials say other students were taken to the gym of the school a few miles northeast of Indianapolis and assessed by the school's nurse and medical workers.