1. How many words was the Gettysburg Address?
2. Just how long is “Four score and seven years ago”?
3. How long did the speech last?
4. Who consecrated “this ground”?
5. When did the Battle of Gettysburg take place?
6. Name the major general who replaced Maj. Gen. Joseph Hooker, who was in command of the Union Army.
7. The heavy losses at Cemetery Ridge also had this name.
8. Gettysburg was which general's second invasion of the North?
9. About how many soldiers from both armies were killed, wounded, captured or missing in the three-day battle?
Answers: 1. 272 words. 2. 87 years. 3. Two minutes. 4. “The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here.” 5. July 1-3, 1863. 6. Maj. Gen. George Gordon Meade. 7. Pickett's Charge. 8. Gen. Robert E. Lee. 9. About 51,000 soldiers.