• Newsletters
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
Thursday, September 21, 2017
View complete forecast
News-Sentinel.com Your Town. Your Voice.

Woman's roommate helped chase off her attacker in Saturday stabbing

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.The Associated Press
Tuesday, December 31, 2013 12:01 am
More details have been released in the Saturday stabbing of a woman in Fort Wayne in which a man was preliminarily charged with felony aggravated battery.Fort Wayne Police were called at 4 a.m. Saturday to 2615 Fairfield View Place on a report of female screams, according to department spokesman Michael Joyner.

A responding officer was flagged down near Fairfield and Creighton avenues by a driver who was taking the victim to a hospital. Medics took her to a local hospital where she was determined to be in critical condition suffering from a stab wound, according to Joyner.

Investigating officers learned that the stabbing resulted from a domestic disturbance between the victim and Michael R. Johnson, 21, according to Joyner.

According to the probable cause affidavit, the victim, his girlfriend, was able to speak with police before surgery for her life-threatening injuries. She told police her on-again, off-again boyfriend, Johnson, had come over intoxicated, and they had an argument because she was breaking up with him, according to the affidavit. She said Johnson went downstairs, then came back upstairs and sat down next to her bed. He then pulled a kitchen knife and began to stab her. She fought and got away. Her 11-year-old son and her roommate were in another room watching a movie, but could hear the fight. When White started to scream, the roommate ran in to help her, punching Johnson until he turned on her. Johnson then ran from the house, according to police.

Johnson was apprehended at his home in the 300 block of East McKinnie Avenue without incident, according to Joyner.

According to the probable-cause affidavit, he was interviewed by the police, still wearing his bloody clothing. He denied knowing anything about what they were talking about and his clothing was taken as evidence, according to the affidavit. Monday he was still on a 72-hour hold at the Allen County Jail pending felony charges from the Allen County prosecutor's office.


News-Sentinel.com reserves the right to remove any content appearing on its website. Our policy will be to remove postings that constitute profanity, obscenity, libel, spam, invasion of privacy, impersonation of another, or attacks on racial, ethnic or other groups. For more information, see our user rules page.
comments powered by Disqus