Crosby, Stills and Nash burst onto the music scene in 1969. That's 45 years ago, but their music and popularity still endure. The trio will be at the Embassy Theatre for a concert Tuesday, but it's sold out.
We've created a quiz for you aficionados, so you can test your knowledge about David Crosby, Stephen Stills and Graham Nash.
1. David Crosby has undergone two significant surgeries. They were:
A. Kidney removal and heart surgery
B. Heart surgery and liver transplant
C. Kidney removal and liver transplant
D. Lung transplant and heart surgery
2. Speaking of David Crosby, how old is he?
3. In what year was their first album, “Crosby Stills & Nash” released?
4. Each band member also was affiliated with other successful bands. Which were they?
A. Buffalo Springfield (Crosby); The Byrds (Nash); and The Hollies (Stills)
B. The Byrds (Crosby); The Hollies (Nash): and Buffalo Springfield (Stills)
C. Buffalo Springfield (Stills); The Byrds (Nash); and The Hollies (Crosby)
D. The Hollies (Stills); Buffalo Springfield (Nash); and The Byrds (Crosby)
5. In what year was Neil Young invited to join the band?
6. Rolling Stone named which of CSN’s albums to its 500 Greatest Albums of All Time list?
A. “Crosby, Stills & Nash”
B. “Daylight Again”
C. “Live it Up”
D. “American Dream”
7. Back to David Crosby — he is the biological father of what female musician’s two children?
A. Joni Mitchell
B. Janice Joplin
D. Melissa Etheridge
8. At what music festival did CSN first appear?
A. Farm Aid
B. South by Southwest
D. Gathering of the Juggalos
9. “Long Time Gone” was about what?
A. Robert Kennedy's assassination
B. The Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.'s assassination
C. President Kennedy's assassination
D. Janice Joplin's death
10. Which CSN song contains these lyrics: “This does not mean I don’t love you, I do that’s forever/Yes and for always”?
B. “Marrakesh Express”
C. “Suite: Judy Blue Eyes”
D. “Wooden Ships”
How’d you do?
7. D (Etheridge's long-time partner, film director Julie Cypher, physically carried and gave birth to the two children; she was impregnated by artificial insemination.