- TV Diary quiz: Can you name these celebrities who served our country? Part 2
- TV Diary quiz: Can you name these celebrities who served our country? Part 1
- TV Diary quiz: Anthony Hopkins is on 'Legends of the Fall'
- TV Diary quiz: Jodie Foster is in 'The Silence of the Lambs'
- TV Diary quiz: How well do you know racing movies?
On June 6, we remember those Americans who gave their lives during the D-Day Invasion; however, the Normandy Invasion lasted almost until the end of July, when the Allied Forces finally claimed Caen on July 21.
The assault was by sea and by air and resulted in more than 425,000 casualties of Allied and German troops.
A World War II film, “Memphis Belle,” is one of my favorites. The 1990 film airs at 7:05 tonight on Starz. It is about a crew who flies its B-17 bomber for its 25th and final mission, the bombing of an ammunition depot in Bremen, Germany, and stars Matthew Modine, Eric Stoltz, Tate Donovan, D.B. Sweeney, Billy Zane, Sean Astin, Harry Connick Jr. and Reed Diamond.
Here is a quiz about the actors from the film.
1. Which actor was Rose's fiance, Cal Hockley, in the film “Titanic” (1997)?
2. Which actor played Agent Ray Haffner on “The Mentalist?”
3. Which actor plays Larry on “Two and a Half Men?”
4. Which actor played Dr. Robert Yeats on the TV series “Chicago Hope?”
5. Which actor played Tom Shayes on the TV show “Damages?”
6. Which actor played Sullivan Groff on the TV series “Weeds?”
7. Which actor played recurring character Leo Markus on “Will and Grace” TV series?
8. Which actor was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Short Film, Live Action in 1995?
Answers: 1. Zane. 2. Diamond. 3. Sweeney. 4. Stoltz. 5. Donovan. 6. Modine. 7. Connick. 8. Astin.