• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • RSS
38°
Thursday December 25, 2014
View complete forecast
News-Sentinel.com Your Town. Your Voice.
Local Business Search
Stock Summary
Dow18030.216.04
Nasdaq4773.478.05
S&P 5002081.88-0.29
AEP61.311.2
Comcast58.070.17
GE25.83-0.05
ITT Exelis17.820.18
LNC58.58-0.1
Navistar33.81-0.11
Raytheon110.470.29
SDI19.3950.055
Verizon47.670

Harrison Ford injury to halt 'Star Wars' for 2 weeks

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. The Associated Press
Tuesday, July 8, 2014 - 7:43 am

NEW YORK — Harrison Ford's injury will cause production on "Star Wars: Episode VII" to be suspended for two weeks.

Disney announced Sunday that shooting would be halted for two weeks in August to adjust the production schedule following Ford's injury. The 71-year-old broke his leg in June during filming of the much-anticipated sequel at Pinewood Studios outside of London.

Disney had said earlier that Ford's injury wouldn't cause any delays. The studio said Sunday that "Episode VII" is still "on track" to wrap in the fall and be released in December 2015.

The accident involved a spacecraft door on the Millennium Falcon falling on Ford's leg. His recuperation was expected to take up to two months.