- TV Diary quiz: It's a 'Charlie Brown Christmas' quiz
- TV Diary quiz: Test your "Polar Express" knowledge
- TV Diary quiz: Celebrate 50 years of "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer"
- TV Diary quiz: These actors failed to receive Oscar noms for their film roles
- TV Diary quiz: PBS special focuses on Bing Crosby's life
“Duke” whiskey? “Duke” charcoal? Are you thinking of John Wayne? Or Duke University?
Both say everyone will think it’s referring to them, and therein lies the basis for the newest lawsuit between the two entities. Wayne’s family wants to sell alcoholic beverages with the actor’s nickname (as it does other products, such as charcoal), while the university says it’s protecting its good name by not allowing unapproved goods contain the university name. What to do? What to do?
Let the court settle the issue. In the meantime, enjoy this walk down memory lane with a quiz on the legendary actor.
1. How did Wayne get the nickname “Duke” anyway?
2. Name Wayne’s last film.
3. He received one Oscar for Best Actor in a Leading Role for which film?
4. Who was his female co-star in “The Quiet Man” (1952)?
5. In a classic “I Love Lucy” episode, what of Wayne’s did Lucy try to get?
6. What role did Wayne play in “The Greatest Story Ever Told” (1965)?
7. Who directed “The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance” (1962)?
8. He starred with which actor in “The Sons of Katie Elder” and “Rio Bravo?”
9. What did Wayne’s father do for a living?
Answers: 1. That was his dog’s name. 2. “The Shootist” (1976). 3. “True Grit” (1969). 4. Maureen O’Hara. 5. His footprints in a block of cement to replace the missing ones at Grauman’s Chinese Theater. 6. A centurion. 7. John Ford. 8. Dean Martin. 9. He was a pharmacist.