• BAZAARS: Today-Saturday, Wolf Lake Onion Days, Noble Township Community Park. Table reservations: Sherri 1-260-229-9635.
• COMMUNITY MARKET: 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Oct. 11, Good Shepherd United Methodist Church, 4700 Vance Ave. Table reservations: www.fwgoodshepherd.org/forms; download, fill out and submit the form with check.
• AMERICAN HERITAGE CRAFT SHOW: 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Oct. 18, Honeywell Center, 275 W. Market St. Lunch served 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
• “TALENTS INTO TREASURES” ART, CRAFT AND BAKE SALE: 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Oct. 18, Christ's Community Church, 10616 Liberty Mills Road.
• CRAFT BAZAAR: 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Oct. 25, Allen County Fairgrounds, 2726 Carroll Road. Table reservations: Chad at 704-0765.
• HOLLY DAYS CRAFT SHOW: 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Oct. 25, Deer Ridge Elementary School, 1515 Scott Road.
• FALL CRAFT SHOW: 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Nov. 1, Bethany Lutheran Church, 2435 Engle Road. Table reservations: Dorothy at 494-0763.
Camps, classes, seminars
• GET CHECKING WORKSHOPS: 1-5 p.m. Sept. 9, 5-9 p.m. Oct. 14, 1-5 p.m. Nov. 13 and 5-9 p.m. Dec. 9, Allen County Extension Office, 4001 Crescent Ave. Free. Registration required: 481-6826, email@example.com, visit the home and money page on the website at www.extension.purdue.edu/allen or visit the office.
• SIBLING WORKSHOPS: For brothers and sisters of children with disabilities and special health concerns, Sept. 20 and Nov. 15, Mad Anthonys Children's Hope House, Lutheran Hospital campus. Workshops for ages 7-12 take place 10 a.m.-2 p.m., and workshops for ages 12-15 takes place 2-4 p.m. $10 for lunch and materials and T-shirt and $5 for returning participants for lunch and materials but no T-shirt, free ages 12-15. Reservations required: www.lutheranchildrenshosp.com or call Sue at 456-4534, Ext. 271.
• SAFE SITTER CLASSES: For ages 11 and older, 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Dec. 29-30, Lutheran Children's Hospital. Registration: Tammy Else at 435-7344. Information: www.lutheranchildrenshosp.com.
• MASTER GARDENER VOLUNTEER PROGRAM: Training sessions, 5:30-9 p.m. Wednesdays, Sept. 3 through mid-November, Allen County Extension Office, 4004 Crescent Ave. $125. 481-6826, Option 3, or download application form at www.extension.purdue.edu/allen.
• PRESERVING NATURE'S BOUNTY WORKSHOPS: 7 p.m. Sept. 11, Allen County Extension Office, 4001 Crescent Ave. $3 at the door to cover printing costs. Registration: 481-6826 or firstname.lastname@example.org or www.extension.purdue.edu/allen.
• GRIEF PROGRAMS: “Understanding Your Grief” presented by Dar Richardson, 5-7:30 p.m. Aug. 26, Visiting Nurse and Hospice Home, 5910 Homestead Road. Complimentary meal served; reservations required: 435-3222. “Table for One,” presented by Joan McMillan, 2-3:30 p.m. Sept. 25, Visiting Nurse and Hospice Home, 5910 Homestead Road. Information: 435-3222.
• YOUTH FLAG-FOOTBALL: Registration: 6:30-8 p.m. Aug. 21 and 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Aug. 23, Calvary United Methodist Church, 6301 Winchester Road. League play begins Sept. 7 and ends Oct. 12. Questions: 747-9218.
• KOREAN WAR VETERANS ASSOCIATION, INDIANA CHAPTER ONE: Meeting at 10 a.m. Saturday, Eagles 248, 4940 Bluffton Road. Food served afterward.
•BOB LEIMAN TOASTMASTERS CLUB: Meeting to welcome new guests and visitors interested in developing communication skills, 6 p.m. Monday, Pizza Hut, Northcrest Shopping Center, 701 Coliseum Blvd. E. 422-8572.
• FORT WAYNE WOMEN'S MID DAY CONNECTION: 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Aug. 26, Orchard Ridge Country Club, 4531 Lower Huntington Road. $15.50 inclusive. Nancy Rieke, owner of “By His Grace Consigned Designs” will speak. Reservations: Meridith at 672-3414 by Aug. 19.
• MARJORIE D. WICKLIFFE FREEDOM FUND BANQUET: Nov. 7, Memorial Coliseum, 4000 Parnell Ave. $65 adults, $30 children. Meet and greet 6-7 p.m. Reservations: Aretha Green at 446-2687 or NAACP office at 426-3049.
• ROTARY CLUB OF FORT WAYNE: Little Free LibraryT at Anthis Career Center Construction Trades, 230 E. Douglas; Home Nursing Services, 528 W. Washington Blvd.
• NEIGHBORHOOD BAR-B-QUE: 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, Shepherd of the City Lutheran Church, 1301 S. Anthony Blvd. Proceeds benefit the church's neighborhood ministry, with matching funds by Thrivent Financial for Lutherans-East Allen Chapter. 422-3790 advance orders.
• NOTRE DAME CLUB GOLF OUTING: Shotgun start at 1 p.m. Tuesday, Cherry Hill Golf Club, 6615 Wheelock Road. Registration at noon. http://fortwayne.undclub.org/s/1210/images/gid361/editor_documents/2014_golf_sign-up_sheet_resched.pdf.
• PANCAKE AND SAUSAGE BREAKFAST: 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Aug. 17, Calvary United Methodist Church, 6301 Winchester Road. $5 includes fruit cup and drink. 747-9218.
• BRAD MILLER GALA AND GOLF OUTING: Aug. 23-25. Benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters. Call 456-1600 for more information.
• WHAT WILL YOU BUILD GOLF OUTING: Aug. 27, Coyote Creek Golf Course, 4935 Hillegas Road. Registration: www.fortwaynehabitat.org.
• BENEFIT EXTRAVAGANZA: 6 p.m. Aug. 28, Auburn Cord Duesenberg Automobile Museum, 1600 S. Wayne St., Auburn. Gourmet dinner, open bar, silent and live auctions. $150. 1-260-925-1444.
• PANCAKE AND SAUSAGE BREAKFAST: 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Sept. 14, Allen County Cooperative Extension Office, 4001 Crescent Ave.
• A TOAST TO LIFE: “Specialty Beer and Food Pairing Dinner for Hospice Home, 4-7 p.m. Sept. 14, Club Soda, 235 E. Superior St. $125 tickets available at Visiting Nurse, 5910 Homestead Road. 435-3212.
• DOWNTOWN ROTARY GOLF OUTING: Florida Scramble, 1 p.m. shotgun start, Sept. 15, Cherryhill Golf Course. $88 golf and dinner, $20 dinner only. Registration: email@example.com.
• WALK TO END ALZHEIMER'S: 1:30 p.m. Sept. 20, Headwaters Park. Registration: alz.org/indiana.
• TLC BREAST CANCER FOUNDATION CHARITY GOLF OUTING: Sept. 20, Autumn Ridge Golf Course, 11420 Auburn Road. 409-6877.
• MULLIGANS FOR THE MILITARY GOLF OUTING: Sept. 20, Chestnut Hills Golf Course, 11502 Illinois Road. Registration: 422-3528.
• GOLF OUTING: Florida Scramble shotgun start at 1 p.m. Sept. 6, Brookwood Golf Course. $75 a person for golf and dinner. Melissa Hire at firstname.lastname@example.org or Sarah Shank at email@example.com or call 456-1261, Ext. 3040.
• YOUTH FOR CHRIST ALLEN COUNTY GOLF CLASSIC: Shotgun start at 7:30 a.m. and 1:15 p.m., Sept. 8, Sycamore Hills Golf Club, 11836 Covington Road. $250 a person. Registration: 484-4551 or visit www.fwayfc.org/events.
• DOGGONE BEST CHILI CHALLENGE: Noon-3 p.m. Sept. 27, Lucky Harley Davidson, 6315 Illinois Road. $5 adults, free under 10.
• LIGHT THE NIGHT FUNDRAISING WALK: Benefiting Indiana Chapter of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, 7 p.m. Sept. 28, Headwaters Park West. Registration: www.lightthenight.org/in or contact Melanie Kruth at 616-0654.
• MAKING STRIDES AGAINST BREAST CANCER COMMUNITY 5K WALK: 9 a.m. Oct. 11, Parkview Field, 1301 Ewing St. Registration at 7:30 a.m. Registration: 1-800-227-2345 or www.makingstrideswalk.org/fortwaynein.
• LOCKWOOD FAMILY REUNION: Sunday, Goshen Christian Church, 2133 Berkey Ave., Goshen. Potluck dinner served at 1 p.m.
• STATE SCHOOLERS ANNUAL GET-TOGETHER: 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m. Aug. 20, Golden Corral, 4747 Lima Road. Inform cashier you are with the reunion to receive meal discount.
• CENTRAL CATHOLIC HIGH SCHOOL CLASS OF 1969: Sept. 13, The Orchid, New Haven. $30 a person. Reservations: Martha Oetting Irwin at 615-9367.
• USS LONG BEACH ASSOCIATION: Sept. 8-14, Hilton St. Louis Airport, St. Louis, Mo. Call 1-314-426-5500 for room reservations. Information: Don Shade at 1-866-352-2469 or 1-716-569-2314 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. www.usslongbeach-assoc.org.
• NEW HAVEN CLASS OF 1942: Invites graduates from 1939-1949, 11:30 a.m. Sept. 13, VFW, Dawkins Road, east of New Haven. Light lunch served at nominal cost. Reservations: Betty Peters at 639-3132 or Bettypeters3@gmail.com.
• NORTH SIDE HIGH SCHOOL CLASS OF 1964: 5:30 p.m. Oct. 4, Guesthouse, 1313 W. Washington Center Road. $40 a person. Email Kay Gillespie at email@example.com or Sandy Sheehan Getts at firstname.lastname@example.org if you did not receive an invitation.
• SOUTH SIDE HIGH SCHOOL CLASS OF 1969: Oct. 18, Guesthouse, 1313 W. Washington Center Road. $45. Send checks or money orders to Enid Munk, 1411 Shingle Oak Pointe, Fort Wayne, IN 46814. Please provide Name and Spouse/Partner's Name; Address; Telephone numbers (home and/or cell); and E-Mail Address. The school's event page is on Facebook. Hotel booking: 489-2524 or 1-800-348-1999 or www.DonHalls.com.
• MADISON: Sept. 27. $45. United Methodist Women of Crescent Avenue United Methodist Church: 424-4509.
• GRAND RAPIDS, MICH.: Oct. 4, ArtPrize. $48. Mail registration and check (payable to UUCFW with ArtPrize in memo line) to UUCFW, 5310 Old Mill Road, Fort Wayne, IN 46807. Call 744-1867 with questions. Confirmation upon registration. Reservation Deadline: Aug. 25.
• NEW ENGLAND ADVENTURE: Oct. 8-14, Boston, Salem and North Shore. $635 double occupancy. Volunteer Center at 424-3505 or www.volunteerfortwayne.org.
• NASHVILLE, IND.: Oct. 11. $40. Deb Whan at Delta Omega Chapter of Sigma Beta Sorority: 749-8894 by Sept. 10.
• HOLY LAND: Oct. 20-30. Information: Leesa Huston at email@example.com or 426-7357, Ext. 136.
• ASHEVILLE, N.C.: Nov. 9-14, Biltmore Estate, Blue Ridge Parkway National Park, St. Lawrence Basilica. $526 double occupancy, with $75 deposit. Volunteer Center at 424-3505 or www.volunteerfortwayne.org.
• CHICAGO: Dec. 13, to see “Newsies.” $175 by Sept. 30, $190 afterward. Fort Wayne Civic Theatre Guild: Sharon at 437-7497.
Send items to Neighbors/The News-Sentinel, PO Box 102, Fort Wayne IN 46801; fax: 461-8817, attention: Neighbors; email firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a contact name and phone number.