• Alec Steele of Canterbury High School completed Wittenberg University's first-ever President's Leadership Academy on July 20-25.
• CANI's Jobs for America's Graduates program was recognized for achievements over the past year. Staff member Glynn Hines received Outstanding JAG Specialist Northeast Indiana Region. Snider High School received a state award for 100 percent graduation. Christine Koegler, JAG specialist at Impact Institute, Kendallville, received highest contact hours. Steffan Rice and Kira McKinley of Snider High School and Timothy Robinson of Wayne High School were specialists who met four out of five performance measures.
• Allen County Public Library's Children's Services department sponsored an all-day chess tournament for kids in Kindergarten-Grade 5. Here are the five winners in each division: Grade 1 and under: Viswanathan Manickam, Landen Pocock, Hudson Stiver, Jonathon Pratt and Vishal Varma. Grade 2: Jacob Phillips, Levi Pratt, Constantin Bratianu, Luke Reinert and Joslynn Strong. Grade 3: Peter Nguyen, Jaylen Strong, Corban Dunlap, Haiden Carpenter and Bowie Reuben. Grade 4: Isaiah Stiver, Kinsey Novinger, Nate Reinert, Jackson Baumert and Megan Guzhnay. Grade 5: Donny Dimberio, Dakota Carter, Vishnu Varma, Andrew Brown and Fefe Nguyen. Grades 3-5 intermediate/advanced division: Xander Dressler, Parth Lakhotiya, Riddhi Lakhotiya, Vanshika Bangad and Elizabeth Brown. Good sportsmanship winners: Hudson Stiver (Grade 1), Melanie Klaus (Grade 2), Ashton Dressler (Grade 3), Vanshika Bangard (Grade 4) and Ian Matter (Grade 5).
• Fort Wayne Community Schools' employees assembled backpacks with school supplies for 300 elementary school students for the academic year. The majority of the bags and supplies are purchased with money raised throughout the year by employees who make a donation each week to participate in Casual Day Fridays. In addition, Sodexo, which provides custodial services for FWCS buildings, sponsored 100 filled book bags.
• The Lutheran Schools named these new principals: Mary Eifert, Ascension; Jon Eifert, St. Peter-Immanuel; Mark Schallhorn, Bethlehem; and Carl Risch, Zion.
Email School News to firstname.lastname@example.org; fax: 461-8817; mail to The News-Sentinel/Neighbors, 600 W. Main St., Fort Wayne IN 46802.