• COMMUNITY MARKET: 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Oct. 11, Good Shepherd United Methodist Church, 4700 Vance Ave. Table reservations: www.fwgoodshepherd.org/forms; download, fill out and submit the form with check.
• AMERICAN HERITAGE CRAFT SHOW: 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Oct. 18, Honeywell Center, 275 W. Market St. Lunch served 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
• “TALENTS INTO TREASURES” ART, CRAFT AND BAKE SALE: 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Oct. 18, Christ's Community Church, 10616 Liberty Mills Road.
• CRAFT BAZAAR: 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Oct. 25, Allen County Fairgrounds, 2726 Carroll Road. Table reservations: Chad at 704-0765.
• HOLLY DAYS CRAFT SHOW: 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Oct. 25, Deer Ridge Elementary School, 1515 Scott Road.
• FALL CRAFT SHOW: 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Nov. 1, Bethany Lutheran Church, 2435 Engle Road. Table reservations: Dorothy at 494-0763.
• CHURCH STREET CORNER BAZAAR: 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Nov. 1, Waynedale United Methodist Church, 2501 Church St. Snack bar open 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
• HOLIDAY CRAFT BAZAAR & BAKE SALE: 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Nov. 8, Martini Lutheran Church, 333 E. Moeller Road, New Haven. Table reservations: Cheryl at 749-1813.
Camps, classes, seminars
• GET CHECKING WORKSHOPS: 1-5 p.m. Sept. 9, 5-9 p.m. Oct. 14, 1-5 p.m. Nov. 13 and 5-9 p.m. Dec. 9, Allen County Extension Office, 4001 Crescent Ave. Free. Registration required: 481-6826, email@example.com, visit the home and money page on the website at www.extension.purdue.edu/allen or visit the office.
• SIBLING WORKSHOPS: For brothers and sisters of children with disabilities and special health concerns, Sept. 20 and Nov. 15, Mad Anthonys Children's Hope House, Lutheran Hospital campus. Workshops for ages 7-12 take place 10 a.m.-2 p.m., and workshops for ages 12-15 takes place 2-4 p.m. $10 for lunch and materials and T-shirt and $5 for returning participants for lunch and materials but no T-shirt, free ages 12-15. Reservations required: www.lutheranchildrenshosp.com or call Sue at 456-4534, Ext. 271.
• SAFE SITTER CLASSES: For ages 11 and older, 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Dec. 29-30, Lutheran Children's Hospital. Registration: Tammy Else at 435-7344. Information: www.lutheranchildrenshosp.com.
• PRESERVING NATURE'S BOUNTY WORKSHOPS: 7 p.m. Sept. 11, Allen County Extension Office, 4001 Crescent Ave. $3 at the door to cover printing costs. Registration: 481-6826 or firstname.lastname@example.org or www.extension.purdue.edu/allen.
• GRIEF PROGRAMS: “Understanding Your Grief” presented by Dar Richardson, 5-7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Visiting Nurse and Hospice Home, 5910 Homestead Road. Complimentary meal served; reservations required: 435-3222. “Table for One,” presented by Joan McMillan, 2-3:30 p.m. Sept. 25, Visiting Nurse and Hospice Home, 5910 Homestead Road. Information: 435-3222.
• SAFETY FIRST THURSDAY: Health and safety basics event partnering the Fort Wayne Police Department and Associated Churches of Fort Wayne & Allen County, 6-7 p.m. Thursday, Simpson United Methodist Church, 2501 S. Harrison St., 6-7 p.m. Aug. 28, Community Baptist Church, 3032 Smith St.
• UNIQUE DAY FOR GRIEVING PARENTS: 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Sept. 20, Victory Noll Center, 1900 W. Park Drive, Huntington. Registration: 435-3222.
• INVISIBLE INK WORKSHOP: 5:30-7:30 p.m. Wednesdays, Sept. 3-Oct. 1, Artlink, Auer Center for Arts and Culture, 300 E. Main St. Free admission. Registration: 435-3222 or Cancer Services at 484-9560.
• SUMMIT EQUESTRIAN CENTER: Accepting registrations for riding lessons for people with disabilities and other riders, Monday-Oct. 13 and Oct. 27-Dec. 15, 10808 La Cabreah Lane. $25 per lesson or $180 for 8-week session. Group lessons are $35 each or $250 for 8-week session. Private lessons are $45 each or $325 for 8-week session. Allison Wheaton at 619-2700.
• NEIGHBORHOOD CONNECTION CLASSES: Register at 467-1075 or www.fortwayneschools.org.
ARTS AND CRAFTS: Beginning Drawing, 6:30-9 p.m. Thursdays, Sept. 4-Oct. 9, Anthis Career Center; $89. Watercolor Portraits, 6:30-9 p.m. Tuesdays, Sept. 9-Oct. 14, Anthis Career Center; $89. Basic Digital Photography, 6:30-8 p.m. Wednesdays, Sept. 10-Oct. 15, Anthis Career Center; $129. Peony Lamp Shade, 6-8 p.m. Sept. 22, Lane Middle School; $33. Creative Art Welding, 6-9 p.m. Thursdays, Sept. 25-Dec. 4 (no class Nov. 27), Anthis Automotive Building; $149. Handmade Beaded Bracelet, 608:30 p.m. Sept. 29, Northwood Middle School; $29. Creative Earring Design, 6-8:30 p.m. Oct. 13, Northwood Middle School; $29. Exploring Watercolor, 6:30-9 p.m. Thursdays, Oct. 23-Dec. 4 (no class Nov. 27), Anthis Career Center; $89. Sectional Bowls and Platters, 6-8 p.m. Oct. 27, Lane Middle School; $33. Watercolor Landscapes, 6:30-9 p.m. Tuesdays, Oct. 28-Dec. 2, Anthis Career Center; $89. Exploring Colored Pencils, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Tuesdays, Oct. 28-Dec. 2, Lane Middle School; $89. Extreme Dichroic Jewelry, 6-7:30 p.m., Nov. 17-19, Lane Middle School; $49. Fused Glass Wreath Plate, 6-7 p.m. Dec. 1, Lane Middle School; $33.
CULINARY: Sushi: Doesn't Always Mean Raw Fish, 6-8 p.m. Oct. 7, North Side High School; $33. Amuse-bouche, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Oct. 9 and 16, North Side High School; $43. Baking 101, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Nov. 13, North Side High School; $33. Essential Culinary Skills, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Mondays, Oct. 20-Nov. 17, North Side High School; $59.
DANCE: Beginner Cha Cha, 6:45-7:45 p.m. Wednesdays, Sept. 10-Oct. 15, Price Elementary School; $45. Ballroom Style Slow Dancing, 8-9 p.m. Sept. 10-Oct 15, Price Elementary School; $45. Beginning Line Dance, 6:30-7:30 p.m. Tuesdays, Sept. 28-Nov. 11, Lincoln Elementary School; $49. Beginner East Coast, 7-8 p.m. Wednesdays, Nov. 5-Dec. 17 (no class Nov. 26), Price Elementary School; $45.
HEALTH AND WELLBEING: Foot Reflexology, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Sept. 22 and 29, Northwood Middle School; $49. Zumba, 6:45-7:45 p.m., Thursdays, Oct. 16-Dec. 18 (no class Oct. 30 or Nov. 27), Glenwood Park Elementary School; $59. Yoga, 6-7 p.m. Mondays, Oct. 27-Dec. 1, Glenwood Park Elementary School; $49. First Aid Certification, 6:30-9 p.m. Nov. 10, Northwood Middle School; $39. CPR for Adults, Child and Infant, 6:30-9 p.m. Nov. 3, Northwood Middle School; $39.
HOME: Organize Your Home and Office, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Sept. 15 and 22, Lane Middle School; $39. Feng Shui for Your Home, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Sept. 22, Northwood Middle School; $3. Holiday Gift Baskets, 6-8 p.m. Nov. 3, Lane Middle School; $33.
LANGUAGE: Public Speaking with Confidence, 6:30-8 p.m. Wednesdays, Sept. 24-Oct. 29, Anthis Career Center; $39.
MUSIC AND PERFORMANCE: Beginning Guitar, 6:30-7:30 p.m. Tuesdays, Oct. 7-Nov. 11, Anthis Career Center; $59. Guitar Level 2, 7:45-8:45 p.m. Tuesdays, Oct. 7-Nov. 11, Anthis Career Center; $59.
SEWING: Knitting, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Tuesdays, Sept. 23-Oct. 28, Lane Middle School; $59.
SPECIAL INTERESTS AND HOBBIES: Woodworking for the Craftsman at Heart, 5:30-9 p.m. Mondays, Sept. 15-Dec. 1, Anthis Career Center; $179. Genealogy: Finding Your Ancestors, 7-9 p.m. Nov. 4 and 11, Anthis Career Center; $39.
WRITING WORKSHOPS: Creative Writing Workshop, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Sept. 15 and 22, Lane Middle School; $39. Life Mapping, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Dec. 1 and 8, Lane Middle School; $39.
• AARP CHAPTER 187: 2 p.m. Sept. 4, Community Foundation Building, 555 E. Wayne St. Program: Sue Nunemaker, a professional member of the American Association of Daily Money Managers, will discuss her service of assisting people in bill paying, reconciling checking accounts, preparing bank deposits, negotiating with creditors, reviewing medical insurance papers, sorting mail, and organizing financial matters for those unable to tend to such business matters.
• PUBLIC OPEN HOUSE: Huntington County surveyor to discuss Huntington County Road 900 North and Lafayette Center Road project, 5:30 p.m. Sept. 8, Cornerstone Alliance Church, 5833 E. 900N, Roanoke.
• GRIEFSHARE: Seminar-support group for anyone who lost a loved one, 10 a.m.-noon Saturdays, through Oct. 25, Leo United Methodist Church, Indiana 1, Leo-Cedarville. Each session is self-contained. Information: 627-2161 or email@example.com.
• APPLESEED QUILTERS GUILD: 6:30 p.m. social time, 7 p.m. meeting Tuesday, The Classic Café, 4832 Hillegas Road. Program: quilt trunk show presented by the Appleseed Firehouse Gals Bee. Guests: $5.
• MARJORIE D. WICKLIFFE FREEDOM FUND BANQUET: Nov. 7, Memorial Coliseum, 4000 Parnell Ave. $65 adults, $30 children. Meet and greet 6-7 p.m. Reservations: Aretha Green at 446-2687 or NAACP office at 426-3049.
• ROTARY CLUB OF FORT WAYNE: Little Free LibraryT at Fire Station 7, 1602 Lindenwood Ave.
• DOCS vs. SUITS SOFTBALL GAME: 7 p.m. Friday, Parkview Field, 1301 Ewing St. Free admission; donations benefit funding for scholarships and program development at IU School of Medicine-Fort Wayne.
• OPERATON: CURE IT: 11 a.m. Saturday, beginning at Big G's Sports Café, Columbia City, and ending at Portside Pizza, Columbia City. Liberty's Sentrymen Veteran Motorcycle Club benefit for Columbia City resident Mike Cochran's medical bills.
• RIDE FOR THE MIND: Benefiting Alzheimer's Association, 11:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Saturday, Lucky Harley-Davidson, 6315 Illinois Road.
• MIZPAH SHRINE FLY-IN BREAKFAST: 6:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Sunday, Fort Wayne International Airport, Hangar 1005. Minimum donation $5.
• 2014 BOWSHOOT, BARBECUE AND AUCTION: 7:30 a.m.-2 p.m. Sunday, Izaak Walton League, 17100 Griffin Road, Huntertown. 3-D bowshoot 7:30 a.m.-2 p.m., barbecue 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Benefits Hoosiers Feeding the Hungry.
• BENEFIT EXTRAVAGANZA: 6 p.m. Aug. 28, Auburn Cord Duesenberg Automobile Museum, 1600 S. Wayne St., Auburn. Gourmet dinner, open bar, silent and live auctions. $150. 1-260-925-1444.
• RIDEGREEN EVENT: Bicycle tour of pubs and restaurants, 2 p.m. Sept. 6, downtown Fort Wayne. $10 USGBC members, $15 nonmembers. Tickets: www.ridegreenfw.org.
• BACKYARD BBQ COOK- AND BAKE-OFF: 5-9 p.m. Sept. 6, Queen of Angels, 1500 W. State Blvd. No entry fee. Food sold to benefit the church's athletic association.
• HEART WALK: 8 a.m. Sept. 13, Ivy Tech Community College, 3701 Dean Drive. Benefits American Heart Association. Registration: NortheastIndianaHeartWalk.org or call 260-433-2110.
• FREE TO BREATHE 5K RUN/WALK: 9 a.m. Sept. 13, Shoaff Park, Conklin Pavilion. Registration at 7:30 a.m. www.freetobreathe.org.
• PANCAKE AND SAUSAGE BREAKFAST: 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Sept. 14, Allen County Cooperative Extension Office, 4001 Crescent Ave.
• A TOAST TO LIFE: “Specialty Beer and Food Pairing Dinner for Hospice Home, 4-7 p.m. Sept. 14, Club Soda, 235 E. Superior St. $125 tickets available at Visiting Nurse, 5910 Homestead Road. 435-3212.
• DOWNTOWN ROTARY GOLF OUTING: Florida Scramble, 1 p.m. shotgun start, Sept. 15, Cherryhill Golf Course. $88 golf and dinner, $20 dinner only. Registration: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• WALK TO END ALZHEIMER'S: 1:30 p.m. Sept. 20, Headwaters Park. Registration: alz.org/indiana.
• TLC BREAST CANCER FOUNDATION CHARITY GOLF OUTING: Sept. 20, Autumn Ridge Golf Course, 11420 Auburn Road. 409-6877.
• MULLIGANS FOR THE MILITARY GOLF OUTING: Sept. 20, Chestnut Hills Golf Course, 11502 Illinois Road. Registration: 422-3528.
• GOLF OUTING: Florida Scramble shotgun start at 1 p.m. Sept. 6, Brookwood Golf Course. $75 a person for golf and dinner. Melissa Hire at email@example.com or Sarah Shank at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 456-1261, Ext. 3040.
• YOUTH FOR CHRIST ALLEN COUNTY GOLF CLASSIC: Shotgun start at 7:30 a.m. and 1:15 p.m., Sept. 8, Sycamore Hills Golf Club, 11836 Covington Road. $250 a person. Registration: 484-4551 or visit www.fwayfc.org/events.
• DOGGONE BEST CHILI CHALLENGE: Noon-3 p.m. Sept. 27, Lucky Harley Davidson, 6315 Illinois Road. $5 adults, free under 10.
• LIGHT THE NIGHT FUNDRAISING WALK: Benefiting Indiana Chapter of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, 7 p.m. Sept. 28, Headwaters Park West. Registration: www.lightthenight.org/in or contact Melanie Kruth at 616-0654.
• MAKING STRIDES AGAINST BREAST CANCER COMMUNITY 5K WALK: 9 a.m. Oct. 11, Parkview Field, 1301 Ewing St. Registration at 7:30 a.m. Registration: 1-800-227-2345 or www.makingstrideswalk.org/fortwaynein.
• CENTRAL CATHOLIC HIGH SCHOOL CLASS OF 1969: Sept. 13, The Orchid, New Haven. $30 a person. Reservations: Martha Oetting Irwin at 615-9367.
• USS LONG BEACH ASSOCIATION: Sept. 8-14, Hilton St. Louis Airport, St. Louis, Mo. Call 1-314-426-5500 for room reservations. Information: Don Shade at 1-866-352-2469 or 1-716-569-2314 or email email@example.com. www.usslongbeach-assoc.org.
• NEW HAVEN CLASS OF 1942: Invites graduates from 1939-1949, 11:30 a.m. Sept. 13, VFW, Dawkins Road, east of New Haven. Light lunch served at nominal cost. Reservations: Betty Peters at 639-3132 or Bettypeters3@gmail.com.
• NORTH SIDE HIGH SCHOOL CLASS OF 1964: 5:30 p.m. Oct. 4, Guesthouse, 1313 W. Washington Center Road. $40 a person. Email Kay Gillespie at firstname.lastname@example.org or Sandy Sheehan Getts at email@example.com if you did not receive an invitation.
• ELMHURST HIGH SCHOOL CLASS OF 1954: Oct. 11, Pine Valley Country Club. Contact Carol Buttell at 260-489-5413 or Clark Valentine at 434 W. Wayne St., Ft. Wayne, IN 46802.
• SOUTH SIDE HIGH SCHOOL CLASS OF 1969: Oct. 18, Guesthouse, 1313 W. Washington Center Road. $45. Send checks or money orders to Enid Munk, 1411 Shingle Oak Pointe, Fort Wayne, IN 46814. Please provide Name and Spouse/Partner's Name; Address; Telephone numbers (home and/or cell); and E-Mail Address. The school's event page is on Facebook. Hotel booking: 489-2524 or 1-800-348-1999 or www.DonHalls.com.
• CHICAGO: Sept. 18, Chicago Art Institute. $63 ($40 for trip, $23 admission). Tickets can be purchased upon arrival at the museum or through the museum's website: http://www.artic.edu. Tickets include entrance to the special exhibition, “Magritte: The Mystery of the Ordinary, 1926-1938.” University of Saint Francis School of Creative Arts: 399-7700, Ext. 8001.
• MADISON: Sept. 27. $45. United Methodist Women of Crescent Avenue United Methodist Church: 424-4509.
• GRAND RAPIDS, MICH.: Sept. 27, ArtPrize. $65. Send check payable to Fort Wayne Art League to Anne Donnelly, 5327 Stonehedge Blvd., Apartment 2, Fort Wayne, IN 46835 by Sept. 10.
• GRAND RAPIDS, MICH.: Oct. 4, ArtPrize. $48. Mail registration and check (payable to UUCFW with ArtPrize in memo line) to UUCFW, 5310 Old Mill Road, Fort Wayne, IN 46807. Call 744-1867 with questions. Confirmation upon registration. Reservation Deadline: Monday.
• NEW ENGLAND ADVENTURE: Oct. 8-14, Boston, Salem and North Shore. $635 double occupancy. Volunteer Center at 424-3505 or www.volunteerfortwayne.org.
• NASHVILLE, IND.: Oct. 11. $40. Deb Whan at Delta Omega Chapter of Sigma Beta Sorority: 749-8894 by Sept. 10.
• HOLY LAND: Oct. 20-30. Information: Leesa Huston at firstname.lastname@example.org or 426-7357, Ext. 136.
• ASHEVILLE, N.C.: Nov. 9-14, Biltmore Estate, Blue Ridge Parkway National Park, St. Lawrence Basilica. $526 double occupancy, with $75 deposit. Volunteer Center at 424-3505 or www.volunteerfortwayne.org.
• CHICAGO: Dec. 13, to see “Newsies.” $175 by Sept. 30, $190 afterward. Fort Wayne Civic Theatre Guild: Sharon at 437-7497.
Send items to Neighbors/The News-Sentinel, PO Box 102, Fort Wayne IN 46801; fax: 461-8817, attention: Neighbors; email email@example.com. Include a contact name and phone number.