My wife and I read Terry Doran’s guest column in the paper on Aug. 7.
We notice he is a resident of Fort Wayne but never gives his political affiliation or religious affiliation, should he have one.
We were very disturbed over his condemnation of America. We would suppose this lines him up as at least being a Democrat.
My wife and I are both over 81, Christians and registered Republicans and happy to be all three. We believe that the founding fathers of this great nation did so by the grace of God. History shows their beliefs in this direction are so.
We do not condemn our great nation nor do we say the government does this or does that. These things are done by people, and I believe this should be pointed out.
It is not the elderly who put Barack Obama in the White House. It was the youth who put him there. Barack and his picked successor, as many Democrats hope, have followed the same man and his socialist policies.
This man was Saul Alinsky. Should you study this individual, and we have, since 2007, you will discover the following points are what he proposed to overtake this great nation. The eight points are as follows:
1. Health care — control health care and you control the people.
2. Poverty — increase the poverty level as high as possible as poor people are easier to control. (Look at the number of immigrants Barack is bringing in.)
3. Debt — increase the debt to an unsustainable level. This way you can increase taxes and this will produce more poverty. (Notice the Democrats always want to raise taxes.)
4. Gun control — remove the ability to defend themselves from the government.
5. Welfare — take control of every aspect of their lives (food, housing, income).
6. Education — take control of what people read and listen to, and take control of what children learn in school.
7. Religion — remove belief in God from the government and schools.
8. Class warfare — divide the people into the wealthy and the poor. This will cause more discontent and will be easier to take from (tax) the wealthy with the support of the poor.
Does this sound like what is happening?
This relates to Stalin’s description of these people as useful idiots, and they have ruined every nation they controlled.