Lutheran Life Villages, The Village at Kendallville will host Friday Fest 6-8 p.m. Friday at 351 North Allen Chapel Road, Kendallville. Food truck vendors and entertainment will be provided with a live band beginning at 6:30 p.m. The event is open to the public. Bring lawn chairs and blankets for seating.
Free YMCA memberships
YMCA of Greater Fort Wayne is offering free memberships to every student in 7th grade in Allen, Whitley and Wells County through Nov. 6. For more information, go to www.fwymca.org/7th_grade_membership.php.
National Disability Institute (NDI) annual “My American Dream: Voices of Americans with Disabilities” video contest is accepting entries until Sept. 9. For more information and complete rules, go to http://dream.realeconomicimpact.org.
'Artist's Way' class
Cancer Services of Northeast Indiana and Artworks Galleria's The Artist's Way Workshop Series will be 9-11 a.m. Sept. 10, 17, 24 and Oct. 1, 8, 15, 22 and 29 at Artworks Galleria at Jefferson Pointe (behind Panera), 4110 W. Jefferson Blvd., Suite D-7. The workshops are based on the bestseller “The Artist's Way” by Julia Cameron. Facilitators Jane Caldwell, Janet Stephenson and Sarah Creason will offer hands-on experiences to help participants overcome fears that can inhibit the creative process as well as explore the link between creativity and mind and body health. Cost is $10 due prior to the first class. Class size is limited to 12. Participants will receive the book “The Artist's Way.” To register by Friday, call 260-484-9560 or 866-484-9560.
Beacon Credit Union has launched Project Spotlight, a charitable giving campaign for local charities, nonprofits and community projects for the potential to earn funding. Disability organizations and projects nominated for Project Spotlight include: Down Syndrome Association of Northeast Indiana (DSANI). All it takes to support your favorite disability organization is an email address. Votes will be registered once per day until Sept. 30. To vote, go to www.beaconcu.org/project-spotlight.
Francine's Friends Mobile mammography September locations:
• Tuesday, Parkview Physicians Group - Family Practice, 1331 Minnich Road, New Haven
• Wednesday, Parkview Noble Health & Wellness Center, 402 Sawyer Road, Kendallville
• Saturday, Martin's Super Market, 1150 Husky Trail, Warsaw
• Sept. 8, Parkview Physicians Group-Family Practice, 4665 SR 5, South Whitley
• Sept. 10, Williams County Fairground, 619 E. Main Street, Montpelier, Ohio
• Sept. 12, SCAN, 500 W. Main St.
• Sept. 13, Family Safety Day, Center Lake Pavilion, Central Park, 117 E. Canal St., Warsaw
• Sept. 15, Kendallville Public Library, 221 S. Park Ave., Kendallville
• Sept. 18, Lutheran Life Villages, The Village at Anthony Blvd., 6701 S. Anthony Blvd.
• Sept. 19, Lutheran Life Villages, The Village at Pine Valley, 9802 Coldwater Road
• Sept. 20, Owen's Super Market, 2718 Guilford St., Huntington
• Sept. 24, HealthVisions of Fort Wayne, 2135 S. Hanna
• Sept. 25, Byron Health Center, 12101 Lima Road
• Sept. 27, Arthur & Gloria Muselman Wellness Pavilion, 1201 Emmental Drive, Berne
• Sept. 29, Limberlost Public Library, 164 Kelly St., Rome City
The Sixth Annual Veterans Marathon, featuring three different race distances, will be run on November 8 in Columbia City. To register, go to http://raceroster.com.
American Cancer Society's Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Community Walk will begin with registration at 7:30 a.m. October 11 at Parkview Field, 1301 Ewing St. For more information, call 800-227-2345 or go to http://www.makingstrideswalk.org/fortwaynein.