This is a listing sent to The News-Sentinel of locations offering flu shots and FluMist nasal vaccine. For updates on local flu prevention efforts, visit the Allen County Flu Task Force Web site at www.FightTheFlu.org.
• Super Shot clinics - Free FluMist for ages 2-18 now available at all sites; injectable vaccine for ages 6 months and older available soon. Call 424-SHOT (424-7468) or visit www.phpni.com/supershot. htm.
• Fort Wayne-Allen County Department of Health - free Flumist for ages 2-18 available soon; 8:30-11:30 a.m. and 1-4 p.m. Wednesdays and Fridays; call 449-7514 for availability.
Lutheran Health Network
• Lutheran Hospital drive-through shot clinic - 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday on the ground level of the south parking garage on the Lutheran Medical Campus; up to 1,000 free vaccine doses will be given to ages 18 and older on a first-come, first-served basis. Those receiving the vaccine should have shirtsleeves that can be rolled up, and they will not need to leave their car. Beginning Thursday, visit www.LutheranHospital.com to review a fact sheet and complete a brief medical history before receiving the vaccine. For those without Internet access, the materials also will be provided upon arrival.
• RediMed - flu shot for ages 18 and older at all clinics beginning today on a first-come, first-served basis while supplies last; $30, and the amount may be billed to insurance; no Flumist available. For a list of RediMed urgent care clinics and hours, visit www.RediMedClinics.com.
Parkview Home Health & Hospice/Parkview Community Health Improvement - offering flu and pneumonia shots:
• Carew Medical Park atrium, 1818 Carew St. - 7:30-10 a.m. Tuesday; 4-7 p.m. Oct. 20; 7:30-10 a.m. Oct. 28; 4-7 p.m. Nov. 3; and 7:30-10 a.m. Nov. 18
• Parkview Family YMCA, 10001 Dawson's Creek Blvd. - 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Oct. 15; 4-7 p.m. Oct. 22; 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Oct. 29; 4-7 p.m. Nov. 5; 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Nov. 12; and 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Dec. 3
• Lafayette Medical Center, 2700 Lafayette St., Suite 100 - 5-7 p.m. Oct. 15; 5-7 p.m. Nov. 19; 5-7 p.m. Dec. 17
• Holy Cross Lutheran Church's Aulick Center, 3425 Crescent Ave. - 9 a.m.-noon Nov. 1
The shots are covered by Medicaid and Medicare Part B; bring your Medicaid or Medicare card; for those with a Medicare HMO, any deductible or co-payment will be billed to them. Those without insurance or who have insurance, even if the policy covers flu shots, will be charged a $21 fee for the flu shot and $35 for a pneumonia shots. Cash and personal checks will be accepted, and payment must be made at the clinic site.
For more information, call the Parkview Flu & Pneumonia Information Line at 1-800-727-8439, Ext. 37985, or visit the Community Health Improvement page at www.parkview.com.
Area pharmacies and retail stores:
• Scott's Food & Pharmacy, Auburn - 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Thursday
• Kroger in New Haven - 1:30-4:30 p.m. Thursday. Flu and pneumonia shots are free to Medicare Part B recipients. You must present your Medicare card.
• Meijer, Target and CVS stores - shot clinic dates and times are available at Maxim Health Systems Flu Shot locator service at www.findaflushot.com or call the store nearest you.
• Walgreen stores - visit www.walgreens.com/library/centers/flu or call a store for dates and times.
• Village Oaks, 4730 E. State Blvd. -10 a.m.-2 p.m. Oct. 23
• Wellspring Social Services, 1316 Broadway - 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Oct. 24
• Smith Farms Manor, Auburn - 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Oct. 16
Note: Flu and pneumonia shots are free to Medicare Part B recipients who must present their Medicare cards.
— From staff reports