Several New Haven streets will be closed over the next week, starting Sunday for the city's annual Canal Days festival and parade. See the following list for the specific closures and when each closure will begin.
Broadway will be closed between Lincoln Highway and Park Avenue for the duration of the festival, which begins 7 a.m. Sunday and lasts until 5 p.m. June 10.
Broadway will be closed between Lincoln Highway and Bell Avenue 9 a.m. Monday through 5 p.m. June 10. The closure will include the following side streets:
- Main Street from High Street to Ann Street.
- Broadway from Bell Avenue to Park Avenue.
- City administration parking lot behind 1913 Building.
- Prospect Avenue from Edwards Street to Williams Street.
The detour will for northbound traffic will be Lincoln Highway to Green Street to Rose Avenue to Landin Road to Broadway. For southbound traffic, the detour will be Landin Road to Rose Avenue to Green Street to Lincoln Highway.
The following streets will be closed 10 a.m.-12 p.m. for the Canal Days parade:
- Park Avenue from Mourey to Green Street.
- Green Street from U.S. 930 to Lincoln Highway.
- Mourey Street from U.S. 930 to Lincoln Highway.
- Koehlinger Drive at U.S. 930.
- North Park Avenue and South Park Avenue at Green Street.