INDIANAPOLIS — The Indianapolis Department of Public Safety says it has spent more than $300,000 on manpower and other expenses investigating an explosion that killed a couple and decimated their neighborhood.
Marion County spokesman A.J. Deer said Thursday there is nothing new to report on the investigation into the cause of the Nov. 10 blast that killed Jennifer and John Longworth. Authorities previously have said they believe the explosion was intentional and caused by natural gas. No other details have been released.
The release Thursday by the public safety department estimates that police officers, fire fighters and personnel from homeland security and animal care and control have worked 7,742 hours since the explosion.
Public Safety Director Troy Riggs says costs incurred by other city departments are not included.