TV Diary quiz: TV game shows
Tuesday, June 14, 2016 03:02 am
The popular game show, "To Tell the Truth," makes a primetime comeback on ABC. Celebrities face panels of three people all claiming to be the same person with the same talent and must decipher who is telling the truth.
In tonight's series premiere at 8, Tracee Ellis Ross joins the panel to determine America's fastest texter, Taylor Swift's high school sweetheart and a contortionist. In the second episode, which airs at 10 p.m., Iliza Shlesinger joins the panel to determine a drag queen who is a high-grossing Tupperware sales person, shark attack survivors and someone who makes a living jumping off buildings while on fire.
The original game show of the same name was on 1956-68. Here is a quiz about hosts of popular TV game shows.
1. Who was the host of "To Tell the Truth" (1956-68)?
2. Who was the host of "The Price Is Right" (1956-65)?
3. Who was the host of "Jeopardy!" (1964-75)?
4. Who was the host of "I've Got a Secret" (1952-67)?
5. Who was the host of "The Hollywood Squares" (1965-80)?
6. Who was the host of "Wheel of Fortune" (1975-81)?
Answers: 1. Bud Collyer. 2. Bill Cullen. 3. Art Fleming. 4. Garry Moore. 5. Peter Marshall. 6. Chuck Woolery.