Art galleries and exhibits calendar
Send your listings to Ticket!, The News-Sentinel, PO Box 102, Fort Wayne, IN 46801, or email email@example.com. Include event’s time, date, location, admission cost, reservation deadline and address, or phone number for making reservations. We need information one week in advance. Questions? Call 461-8439.
• ALDERSGATE ART SHOW: Aldersgate United Methodist Church, 2417 Getz Road. Nancy Longmate, through October. Hours: 8 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 8 a.m.-12 p.m. Sunday.
• ANTHONY WAYNE PHILATELIC EXHIBITION will be held at 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Oct. 21 and 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Oct. 22 at Concordia Lutheran High School, 1600 St. Joe River Road. Free admission and parking. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• ARTLINK: Auer Center for Arts and Culture, 300 E. Main St. Where Shall We Now Roam, works by Jason Mowry, The Fox and the Man at the Door, and Steve Shelby, Soft Forms in Hard Metal, through Oct. 27. Drawn Together, materials provided, 7-9 p.m. Nov. 1 and Dec. 6, Calhoun Street Soups, Salads & Spirits, 1915 S. Calhoun St. Hours: noon-7 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday and noon-4 p.m. Sunday.
Artlink is currently seeking entries for The Art Market: Winter Edition and Artlink’s Regional Exhibition. For more information, visit artlinkfw.com.
• CASTLE GALLERY: 1202 W. Wayne St., Best of America Exhibit, National Oil and Acrylic Painters’ Society, Oct. 16-Nov. 11. Opening reception and awards ceremony, 5-9 p.m. Oct. 20. $10 each, live music. For a full list of events, visit www.noaps.org/calendar-of-events. To view paintings in the Best of American Exhibit, visit www.noaps.org/exhibitions. Hours: 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday or by appointment, 426-6568. For more information, visit www.castlegallery.com.
• CRESTWOODS GALLERY: 314 N. Main St., Roanoke. Celebrating the Fort Wayne Weaver’s Guild 70th anniversary, through Oct. 21 with opening reception at 2-4 p.m. Saturday. IPFW Faculty Members, through Nov. 7. Regular hours: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday.
• FIRST PRESBYTERIAN GALLERY: 300 W. Wayne St. Susan Kline, Lost, Found, Loved, mixed media of rescue animals tomorrow through Nov. 26. Hours: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Sunday and during every First Presbyterian Theater production. Free admission.
• FOELLINGER-FREIMANN BOTANICAL CONSERVATORY: 1100 S. Calhoun St. Kathryn Clark: watercolor, graphite, oil painting, through Oct. 28. Blumengarten: A German Story, through Nov. 12.
• FORT WAYNE ARTISTS GUILD: In October. Linda Hall, Allen County Retinal Surgeons, 7900 W. Jefferson Blvd. Darlene Selzer Miller, Brenda Stichter, Citizens Square. Stevie Ross, Ophthalmology Consultants SW. Patricia Weiss, Ophthalmology Consultants North. Karen Bixler, Rehabilitation Hospital of Fort Wayne. Jessie Strock, ResCare Inc. Adult Day Service. Barb Yoder, Townhouse Retirement Center. Celeste Lengerich, Visiting Nurse Hospice. Emily Jane Butler and Carolyn Stachera, Will Jewelers.
• FORT WAYNE MUSEUM OF ART: 311 E. Main St., On the Pursuit of Perfection: The Legacy Architecture of Louis I. Kahn in Our City, and Becoming Present: Louis I. Kahn and the Arts United Center, both through Sunday. David Shapiro: Seer, Actor, Knower, Doer, featuring more than 30 works in three galleries, through Feb. 2. Hours: 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday; 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Thursday and noon-5 p.m. Sunday.
• FORT WAYNE WEAVERS GUILD: The Fort Wayne Weavers Guild is celebrating its 70th anniversary as an active fiber arts guild in northern Indiana with an exhibit highlighting its history at The History Center, 302 E. Berry St., through mid-November . Hours: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday and 12-5 p.m. Saturday.
• GARRETT MUSEUM OF ART: 100 S. Randolph St., The Art of Orie Shafer, “Proud to be an American,” through Sunday. For more information, visit garrettmuseumofart.org. Hours: Friday 5-8 p.m.; Saturday 4-7 p.m. and Sunday 1-4 p.m.
• GOSHEN COLLEGE: Good Library Basement Gallery, 1700 S. Main St., Goshen, Inherited Quilts 3: Yellow Creek Mennonite Church, through Nov. 12. Hours: 8 a.m.-11 p.m. Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Friday, 1-5 p.m. Saturday, and 3-11 p.m. Sunday.
• INDIANA TECH: D’Agostino Art Gallery, 1600 E. Washington Blvd. “Graphicanos: Contemporary Latino Prints from the Serie Project,” through early November. Part of the Fort Wayne Museum of Art’s traveling exhibition. Hours: 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m.-12 p.m. Saturday and 4-6 p.m. Sunday.
• LAKELAND ART CENTER AND GALLERY: 302 E. Winona Ave., Warsaw, will offer the following classes in October: watercolor, 1 p.m. Saturday. Instructor will be Teresa Breading. Cost will be $25 and includes all supplies. Truly Original Jewelry, 2 p.m. Nov. 10. Instructor will be Kelly Shoemaker. Cost will be $20 necklace; $15 double bracelet; $10 single bracelet; and $5 earrings. All supplies included. To register, call 574-267-5568 or 574-457-6085.
• MIDWEST MUSEUM OF AMERICAN ART, announces a “Call for Entries” to the 39th Elkhart Juried Regional Art Exhibition, through Dec. 3. All-media competition open to artists 18 years and older who are residents of Allen, DeKalb, Elkhart, Fulton, Jasper, Kosciusko, Lake, LaGrange, LaPorte, Marshall, Newton, Noble, Porter, Pulaski, St. Joseph, Starke, Steuben or Whitley counties in Indiana and Berrien, Branch, Cass or St. Joseph counties in Michigan. Cash prizes. Entry fee. For a complete list of rules and an entry form, go to MidwestMuseum.US or call 574-293-6660.
• ORCHARD GALLERY OF FINE ART: 6312-A Covington Road. Fall Colors & Themes, paintings and photos of the season, through October. Wooden turkeys and pumpkins, Jerry Krider. Reception at 5-8 p.m. tomorrow. Halloween costumes optional. Hours: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday; 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday.
• THE GALLERY AT PRANA YOGA: 1301 Lafayette St. “Abstraction Process: A Personal Journey”retrospective exhibition, by Dale White through Jan. 5, with artist reception at 6-9 p.m. Oct. 28. Hours: 12-4 p.m. Fridays or by appointment. For more information, call 615-9330.
• UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST CONGREGATION: Langhinrichs Art Gallery, 5310 Old Mill Road. Theopolis Smith, paintings through Oct. 22. Hours: 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Sunday through Thursday except on Tuesday.
• UNIVERSITY OF SAINT FRANCIS: 2701 Spring St., Contemporary Photography: The Visual Narrative, Oct. 23 through Nov. 19 with opening reception at 6-9 p.m. Oct. 28. Hours: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday and 1-5 p.m. Sunday. Registration is now open: for children’s Saturday Morning Art Classes through the School of Creative Arts. The five-week programs will provide children with an introduction to both 2-D and 3-D media. Classes will be held at 9-11 a.m. Saturdays at the Mimi and Ian Rolland Art and Visual Communication Center, just off Leesburg Road on the USF campus, 2701 Spring St. Session II: 2D/3D Introduction, Nov. 11, 18, Dec. 2, 9 and 16. Class C: Grades 3-4. Class D: Grades 5-8. Cost will be $50 per child per class. For more information, call 399-8064.