Art galleries and exhibits calendar for Nov. 2, 2017
Send your listings to Ticket!, The News-Sentinel, PO Box 102, Fort Wayne, IN 46801, or email email@example.com. Include event’s time, date, location, admission cost, reservation deadline and address, or phone number for making reservations. We need information one week in advance. Questions? Call 461-8437.
• ARTLINK: Auer Center for Arts and Culture, 300 E. Main St. “Doubled Over,” by Lisa Walcott, and “Justin Johnson: Elegies of the Past,” Friday-Dec. 8; opening reception 6-9 p.m. Friday. Drawn Together, materials provided, 7-9 p.m. Dec. 6, Calhoun Street Soups, Salads & Spirits, 1915 S. Calhoun St.
Hours: noon-7 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday and noon-4 p.m. Sunday. For more information, visit artlinkfw.com.
• CASTLE GALLERY: 1202 W. Wayne St., “Best of America Exhibit, National Oil and Acrylic Painters’ Society,” through Nov. 11. Hours: 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday or by appointment, 426-6568. For more information, visit www.castlegallery.com.
• CRESTWOODS GALLERY: 314 N. Main St., Roanoke. “IPFW Faculty Members,” through Tuesday. Regular hours: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday.
• FIRST PRESBYTERIAN GALLERY: 300 W. Wayne St. “Susan Kline: Lost, Found, Loved,” mixed media of rescue animals through Nov. 26. Hours: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Sunday and during every First Presbyterian Theater production. Free admission.
• FOELLINGER-FREIMANN BOTANICAL CONSERVATORY: 1100 S. Calhoun St. “Blumengarten: A German Story” showcase exhibit, through Nov. 12.
• FORT WAYNE ARTISTS GUILD: In October, Nancy Longmate, Aldersgate United Methodist Church, 2417 Getz Road; Barb Yoder, Allen County Retinal Surgeons, 7900 W. Jefferson Blvd.; Alice Siefert, 2nd floor, and Brenda Stichter, third floor, Citizens Square, 200 E. Berry St.; Fort Wayne Artists Guild Winter Exhibit, Heritage of Fort Wayne, 8200 St. Joe Road and 5250 Heritage Parkway; Doni Adam, Ophthalmology Consultants (Southwest), 7232 Engle Road; Linda Hall and Susan Wenger, Ophthalmology Consultants (North), 10186 Dupont Circle Drive E.; Karen Bixler, Rehabilitation Hospital of Fort Wayne, 7970 W. Jefferson Blvd.; Karen Harvey, ResCare Inc Adult Day Service, 3711 Rupp Drive; Karen Bixler, Town House Retirement Center, 2209 St. Joseph Center Road; Mary Lou Hutter and Darlene Selzer-Miller, Visiting Nurse, 5910 Homestead Road; and Dick Heffelfinger and Toni McAlhany, Will Jewelers, 10146 Maysville Road.
• FORT WAYNE MUSEUM OF ART: 311 E. Main St.: Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) altar exhibit featuring Mexican altars, through Nov. 12. “Los Vivos y los Muertos,” a private collection of art inspired by the Day of the Dead, through Dec. 3. “David Shapiro: Seer, Actor, Knower, Doer,” featuring more than 30 works in three galleries, through Feb. 2. Hours: 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday; 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Thursday and noon-5 p.m. Sunday.
• FORT WAYNE WEAVERS GUILD: The Fort Wayne Weavers Guild is celebrating its 70th anniversary as an active fiber arts guild in northern Indiana with an exhibit highlighting its history at The History Center, 302 E. Berry St., through mid-November . Hours: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday and noon-5 p.m. Saturday.
• INDIANA TECH: D’Agostino Art Gallery, 1600 E. Washington Blvd. “Graphicanos: Contemporary Latino Prints from the Serie Project,” through early November. Part of the Fort Wayne Museum of Art’s traveling exhibition. Hours: 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m.-12 p.m. Saturday and 4-6 p.m. Sunday.
• IPFW, 2101 Coliseum Blvd. E.: Visual art gallery, “Regional Art Educators’ Exhibition,” through Dec. 8. Hours: 8 a.m.-9 p.m. weekdays; 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays. Free admission.
• THE GALLERY AT PRANA YOGA: 1301 Lafayette St. “Abstraction Process: A Personal Journey” retrospective exhibition, by Dale White through Jan. 5. Hours: noon-4 p.m. Fridays or by appointment. For more information, call 615-9330.
• UNIVERSITY OF SAINT FRANCIS: 2701 Spring St., “Contemporary Photography: The Visual Narrative,” through Nov. 19. Hours: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday and 1-5 p.m. Sunday. Registration is now open for children’s Saturday Morning Art Classes through the School of Creative Arts. The five-week programs will provide children with an introduction to both 2-D and 3-D media. Classes will be held at 9-11 a.m. Saturdays at the Mimi and Ian Rolland Art and Visual Communication Center, just off Leesburg Road on the USF campus, 2701 Spring St. Session II: 2D/3D Introduction, Nov. 11, 18, Dec. 2, 9 and 16. Class C: Grades 3-4. Class D: Grades 5-8. Cost will be $50 per child per class. For more information, call 399-8064.