Holiday events lists around Fort Wayne
Is it beginning to FEEL a lot like Christmas? Want to feel a little of the Christmas joy? Here is an updated list of holiday events around Fort Wayne. Come back to this list as we will be adding through the holiday season.
‘DICKENS’ A CHRISTMAS CAROL’ AT FIRST PRESBYTERIAN THEATER
NOV. 30-DEC. 17: Admission prices include general admission for $20 and ages 65 and older $18. For other prices and details on the show, go to firstpresbyteriantheater.com
Dec. 16 — 7:30 p.m. show
Dec. 17 — 6 p.m. show
CHARLIE BROWN’S CHRISTMAS — FORT WAYNE YOUTHEATRE
• DEC. 15-17: You grew up on this classic, now enjoy it live on stage! All of your favorite characters! The unforgettable music of Vince Guaraldi! Charlie Brown is on a mission to find the real meaning of Christmas. His journey through the antics of Snoopy, Lucy, Linus & the rest of the Peanuts gang has become an annual tradition – not to be missed on stage! (Running time: approximately 50 minutes) Performances held at First Presbyterian Theatre, 300 W. Wayne St., Fort Wayne, IN 46802. Tickets: $20 for adults / $15 for children & seniors / $15 group rate (10 or more) Call 260-422-4226 of visit www.fortwayneyoutheatre.org to purchase tickets.
THE SPIRIT OF CHRISTMAS
• DEC. 15-17: Get into the spirit of Christmas at a concert where acoustics and architecture combine to create beautiful harmonies. With the cooperation of the Allen County Courthouse Preservation Trust and the Allen County Commissioners, Heartland Sings presents music of the season in the stunning Beaux-Arts Courthouse Rotunda at 7 p.m. Dec. 15, 2 p.m. Dec. 16 and 2 p.m. Dec. 17 at the Allen County Courthouse. Tickets are $20 in advance, $25 at the door, $10 passport, $10 for students. Buy tickets at https://heartlandchorale.secure.force.com/ticket#details_a0Sj0000001Dy66EAC.
THE ART MARKET: WINTER EDITION
• DEC. 16: The Art Market runs 10 a.m.-7 p.m. at Artlink Gallery, 300 E. Main St., and is a curated marketplace featuring the best in contemporary craft and handmade goods. The market strives to bring the highest quality handmade goods to the people of Fort Wayne. The Art Market: Winter Edition features the perfect holiday goods for your friends and family!
C2G CHRISTMAS EVENT 2017
• DEC 16: Some of the best area musicians share Christmas songs and raise support for Community Harvest Food Bank. Bring a non-perishable food item as part of your entry. Featuring: Mike Conley, Alicia Pyle, The Bel Airs, Hannah Bushong, KelsiCote. General admission: $6. Gold Circle seating: $12.
MULTICULTURAL CHRISTMAS NIGHT
• Dec. 16: 5-7:30 p.m. at the Salvation Army, 2901 N. Clinton St.: We want to show the community how others celebrate Christmas around the world. Other churches from different nationalities are free to participate in the program with a special presentation (dance, song, share food from another country with the rest of the group)
BISCUITS WITH SANTA
• DEC. 16: Rub a Dub Dub Dog Grooming and Spa, 3234 Illinois Road, will host the 4th annual event 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Dog owners are invited to bring their children and their furry friends to have their picture taken free with Santa. Refreshments provided. Last year, over 150 people attended. For information, call 260-312-1649 or visit www.facebook.com/rubadubdubdog.
GERMAN CHRISTMAS CONCERT
• DEC. 17: Fort Wayne Maennerchor/Damenchor will be holding a German Christmas Concert at 4 p.m. The event, which is open to the public with free admission, will be held at St. Peter’s Catholic Church at 518 E. DeWald St. in Fort Wayne. The concert will feature traditional German Christmas music. For more information, contact Carol at 260-459-2225 or Parri at 260-444-3634.