Art galleries and exhibits calendar for Nov. 9, 2017
Send your listings to Ticket!, The News-Sentinel, PO Box 102, Fort Wayne, IN 46801, or email email@example.com. Include event’s time, date, location, admission cost, reservation deadline and address, or phone number for making reservations. We need information one week in advance. Questions? Call 461-8437.
• ARTLINK: Auer Center for Arts and Culture, 300 E. Main St. “Doubled Over,” by Lisa Walcott, and “Justin Johnson: Elegies of the Past,” now through Dec. 8. Drawn Together, materials provided, 7-9 p.m. Dec. 6, Calhoun Street Soups, Salads & Spirits, 1915 S. Calhoun St.
Hours: noon-7 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday and noon-4 p.m. Sunday. For more information, visit artlinkfw.com.
• CASTLE GALLERY: 1202 W. Wayne St., “Best of America Exhibit, National Oil and Acrylic Painters’ Society,” through Nov. 11. Hours: 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday or by appointment, 426-6568. For more information, visit www.castlegallery.com.
• FIRST PRESBYTERIAN GALLERY: 300 W. Wayne St. “Susan Kline: Lost, Found, Loved,” mixed media of rescue animals through Nov. 26. Hours: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Sunday and during every First Presbyterian Theater production. Free admission.
• FOELLINGER-FREIMANN BOTANICAL CONSERVATORY: 1100 S. Calhoun St. “Blumengarten: A German Story” showcase exhibit, through Nov. 12.
• FORT WAYNE ARTISTS GUILD: In November, Nancy Longmate, Aldersgate United Methodist Church, 2417 Getz Road; Barb Yoder, Allen County Retinal Surgeons, 7900 W. Jefferson Blvd.; Alice Siefert, 2nd floor, and Brenda Stichter, third floor, Citizens Square, 200 E. Berry St.; Fort Wayne Artists Guild Winter Exhibit, Heritage of Fort Wayne, 8200 St. Joe Road and 5250 Heritage Parkway; Doni Adam, Ophthalmology Consultants (Southwest), 7232 Engle Road; Linda Hall and Susan Wenger, Ophthalmology Consultants (North), 10186 Dupont Circle Drive E.; Karen Bixler, Rehabilitation Hospital of Fort Wayne, 7970 W. Jefferson Blvd.; Karen Harvey, ResCare Inc Adult Day Service, 3711 Rupp Drive; Karen Bixler, Town House Retirement Center, 2209 St. Joseph Center Road; Mary Lou Hutter and Darlene Selzer-Miller, Visiting Nurse, 5910 Homestead Road; and Dick Heffelfinger and Toni McAlhany, Will Jewelers, 10146 Maysville Road.
• FORT WAYNE MUSEUM OF ART: 311 E. Main St.: Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) altar exhibit featuring Mexican altars, through Nov. 12. “Los Vivos y los Muertos,” a private collection of art inspired by the Day of the Dead, through Dec. 3. “David Shapiro: Seer, Actor, Knower, Doer,” featuring more than 30 works in three galleries, through Feb. 2. Hours: 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday; 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Thursday and noon-5 p.m. Sunday.
• INDIANA TECH: D’Agostino Art Gallery, 1600 E. Washington Blvd. “Geoffrey Hiller: Daybreak in Myanmar,” photos documenting the people of what was called Burma and the change there since 1987, now through Feb. 18. Hours: 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m.-noon Saturday and 4-6 p.m. Sunday.
• IPFW, 2101 Coliseum Blvd. E.: Visual art gallery, “Regional Art Educators’ Exhibition,” through Dec. 8. Hours: 8 a.m.-9 p.m. weekdays; 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays. Free admission.
• THE GALLERY AT PRANA YOGA: 1301 Lafayette St. “Abstraction Process: A Personal Journey” retrospective exhibition, by Dale White through Jan. 5. Hours: noon-4 p.m. Fridays or by appointment. For more information, call 615-9330.
• UNIVERSITY OF SAINT FRANCIS: 2701 Spring St., “Contemporary Photography: The Visual Narrative,” through Nov. 19. Hours: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday and 1-5 p.m. Sunday. Registration is now open for children’s Saturday Morning Art Classes through the School of Creative Arts. The five-week programs will provide children with an introduction to both 2-D and 3-D media. Classes will be held at 9-11 a.m. Saturdays at the Mimi and Ian Rolland Art and Visual Communication Center, just off Leesburg Road on the USF campus, 2701 Spring St. Session II: 2D/3D Introduction, Saturday and Nov. 18, Dec. 2, 9 and 16. Class C: Grades 3-4. Class D: Grades 5-8. Cost will be $50 per child per class. For more information, call 399-8064.